New
Find
Notify
Tools

Herters press shell holder adapter
 Login/Join

<ringneck>
posted
Does anyone know where I can get an adapter which allows my Herters press to use RCBS type shellholders? I saw one years ago but can't remember where.

Shawn

one of us
posted Hide Post
ringneck,
Look for the website for the CH4D company. Then look under their products list. They make a shell holder adapter for Herter's presses at a reasonable price. Ed

Posts: 161 | Location: Seattle - temporarily! | Registered: 04 September 2000Reply With Quote
<Hutt>
posted
I have one it was made by VEGA TOOL CO. If you can't find one I'll sell mine for $5.00 + $1.00 shipping

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ringneck,
Vega Tool also makes replacement shellholders for Herters tools.Believe me,they are FAR better then the adaptors.
They have a website: www.vegatool.com
Good luck,
Frank

Posts: 202 | Location: Newburgh,New York Orange | Registered: 21 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ringneck,
Take Hutt up on his kind offer; that is under half wholesale. Retail on the RCBS version is $16.95.
Remember, the adaptor eats some of the opening in the press, so if you are loading an H&H or Weatherby, you may run out of room in the seating stage.
Also, the usual primer arm on some Herter and Lachmiller presses won't reach and you may need to find another way to prime, no biggie.
Regards from darkest California,
Ross

Posts: 159 | Location: Oroville,California,U.S.A. | Registered: 14 May 2001Reply With Quote
<ringneck>
posted
Thanks for all the help!
Shawn