New
Find
Notify
Tools

neck turning
 Login/Join

<gunner7mm>
posted
does it take alot of money to get a good neck turner?i see bonanza make a cheep one and ive seen the ones sinclair makes and all the stuff to go with them. thanks alot jason

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Gunner, don't buy the new Forster. I broke the plastic p.o.s. handle on the 12th case.

If you want the best, buy the K&M (actually, the best is the Nielsen, but you don't need it), if budget is an issue, pick up the new Hornady. HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
Dutch -

Read your comments on the Forster hand held unit and have seen other posts saying much the same thing. I've been using one for a year now, hundreds of cases, and never had any problems.

The handle on mine is steel. When did you get yours? Maybe mine is a later unit that they changed to steel after they got complaints about yours and others

R-WEST

------------------
"it is up to God to judge these terrorists; it is up to us to arrange their meeting" Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
r-west, nope, you got lucky. All the ones currently sold have the P.O.S. plastic case holder. Bought mine about three months ago. I'm still livid about it. Really ticks me off that they would try to abuse their "quality" rep. I'm a one-man crusade, now. Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
<Chainsaw>
posted
Dutch, I have the Forster also, I have to look at the handle on mine also.

Sent an email to Redding. I'll let you know what they say.---------Chainsaw