Find
Notify
Tools

BEST VALUE reloading equipment?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok.... well then, i just purchased an older Lyman, thank all of you for your imput!! God bless...

Use your excellant press in good health and have fun! Smiler

Posts: 1615 | Location: South Western North Carolina | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 44magLeo
posted Hide Post
From a lot of what I have read about the weak linkages in the Lee presses, it was a designed in factor. If the press was over loaded by a misadjusted die or some other reason the weak part would fail and not damage a more expencive part.
This approach has been used by many manufacturers of many different things. One good example are shear pins in machinery. Better to have a $.50 part break than the $200 gear box it protects.
Is your house wired with out circuit breakers or fuses?
But I guess that never occured to some people.
The broken frames, I expect those few vs the thousands of frames that are still working fine means they are all crap. Have you ever worked in Quality Control? If so you would know that there are a small percentage of things that get past the inspectors.
Did these people contact Lee? And if so did they get a repair part or replacement?
The occasional bad part is why they have a warranty.
From my reloading experience, 40+ years and using many brands of tooling I can say that Lee has a very good customer support base. I have never had to use it, but others have and report very good results.
I've had less than satisfactory results with several companies.
Leo

The only way to know if you can do a thing is to do it.

Posts: 317 | Location: Lebanon NY | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
But I guess that never occured to some people.

Did it ever occur to you than many people here know a hell of a lot about design, manufacturing, quality control and reloading?

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote