New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small pistol primers $60/1000?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A buddy stopped by the local gunshop today, that's the selling price. What are your local (not "big box") guys asking?

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
Try Powder Valley.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really don't need any. I could be wrong, but $60/1000 seems a bit out of line.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
When people tell me "these go for $XYCA on gunbroker, and IF i want it, i remind them that they are LISTED on GB for that... but how often do they SELL

60 is what things went for this time last year.. and MORE .. north of $100 last year ... but they are going for 30-40 these days

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39721 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I picked up 2K Win Large rifle last month from Dunns in the St. Louis area for $29 per K. The other shop about 15 miles over (Denny Dennis Sporting Goods) was getting $33K for CCI

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll wait for them to get back down to $25/thou.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BECoole:

Don't be holdin' your breath.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Six months ago I spent about $55 for 1000 large rifle. Mixed as two brands from two shops. I got ALL they had in stock and was lucky to get them.

Haven't checked lately.

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
dancing FYI fishingThe Graph and son catalodge arrived today and they have all sizes of Wolf primers IN STOCK. 5k pricing from $135.99 to $142.00.
I have and still use Wolf primers with no complaint or regret. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Generally, $30 to $35 for standard small pistol (CCI's specifically). Winchester and Federal seem non-existent. Several months back I did see WSP's for about $44, but this was at a shop that typically has higher prices than most.

$60 is a bit out of line, seems to me.

Posts: 174 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: 03 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Local gunshop has been charging $36/k. Gander Mountain's local outlet is at $50/k.

I can remember when I was buying them 5K at a time from Powder Valley at $14 to $16/k. Not that way any more. Now they're $25-$27 if they have them. Frowner

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went into a local shop last weekend. They had the best selection of primers I've seen for a long time, but ranged from $45-$70 per thousand.

Posts: 95 | Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth area, TX | Registered: 12 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brando
posted Hide Post
Alot of the local shops back in FL was jacking up the prices stupid on the primers before I left.

I went and picked up some 209 shotgun primers for my muzzleloader and they was still fair market price. But the large rifle and Magnums were out of control. One place in particular had CCI large rifle for $125 for 1000...I asked them why so high and I got the reply because people will pay for it.

I hate crooks with a passion. Using this Obama thing as fuel to get rich. Nothing is going to change, too many rednecks and too many hillbillies in this world with enough ammo to fight a war with the first man that tried to step foot on his property and take his weapons.

Posts: 468 | Location: Goldsboro, NC. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BECoole:

They are already that if you buy 10K CCI from Graf's & wait, buy 5K & they are about $28. The going price seems to be around $33/K. At $60, I would want at least a hug & kiss before I got raped for that amount. Eeker

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just paid $38/1000 here local. $60 is just wrong!!

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The K-Y is optional, but recommended.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scheel's in Reno has plenty of stuff-- powders, bullets and primers. I think they have "buying power" and can get stuff a small shop may not be able to get. I'll be happy when the supply comes back to what it was before November 4, 2008. Best way to do that is to vote on November 2 for candidates who believe in Freedom...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The cost of manufacturing primers has not gone up dramatically over the last few years. The only thing that has is the demand.
If we as the buying public would hold back on primer purchases. Buying only what we actually will use up within a few weeks.
I think that the manufacturers/wholesalers don't want to sit on warehouses full of primers. With demand down(over a year or so)we would see primers prices back to were they were a few years ago.
But if we as a whole continue to pay inflated prices why would the prices come down.
Just my thoughts.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muck:
The cost of manufacturing primers has not gone up dramatically over the last few years. The only thing that has is the demand.
If we as the buying public would hold back on primer purchases. Buying only what we actually will use up within a few weeks.
I think that the manufacturers/wholesalers don't want to sit on warehouses full of primers. With demand down(over a year or so)we would see primers prices back to were they were a few years ago.
But if we as a whole continue to pay inflated prices why would the prices come down.
Just my thoughts.

muck

Yep, opportunistic buyers have been purchasing primer by the 10s of 1000s & then reselling them & shipping them ilegally, to others via GB & other sites. If those buyers would NOT support those sellers, things would return to normal sooner than later. The problem is many got caught short when the supply started to dwindle. Always keep at least 5K of each size in your personal stock. Then you are not caught short & you aren't part of the feeding frenzy either. nilly

One of Us
posted Hide Post
About $35. a K and up to $45.

Posts: 54 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 14 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fredj338:
Yep, opportunistic buyers have been purchasing primer by the 10s of 1000s & then reselling them & shipping them ilegally, to others via GB & other sites. If those buyers would NOT support those sellers, things would return to normal sooner than later.

Big Grin
I just checked GB and there are TONS of primers for sale with ZERO bids. Maybe people are finally starting to wise up.

I hope they choke on $30+/K primers.

one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
2 wksago I picked up 1000 cci 500 at a gun show for $35.
a guy at another table had winchester. 1 box /1000 for $55. I lucked out a whil back and found 1000, 8 1/2-120 for $19.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hivelosity:
2 wksago I picked up 1000 cci 500 at a gun show for $35.
a guy at another table had winchester. 1 box /1000 for $55. I lucked out a whil back and found 1000, 8 1/2-120 for $19.

I just placed an order w/ Graf's for 10K CCI500. Delivered to my door, $25/K. I don;t need them, they will take probably 4-6m, but that's fine, then I'll have them if I do need them. If not, I can split them w/ a reloading partner. I don't even bother w/ the gunshows around here anymore. After you pay the $7-$10 parking & $15 to get in, wait in line for 1-2hrs, $35/K primers is not a bargain IMO, unless you just like running around the gunshow looking at a bunch of over priced crap on the tables. nilly

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Primers up here in Canada are in the 40-47 dollar range, Federal match primers are 60 per thousand.
FS

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
bought cci large pistols sunday for $28.00 per 1000 and cci small rifles for $36.00 per 1000. The small rifles were a bit high in my book, but I like a good supply on hand.

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Was at local gun sho saw lots of primers,most espensive was federal gm215 for $49

Posts: 38 | Location: seattle,wa | Registered: 29 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunt-ducks
posted Hide Post
My local place had CCI for $27.50K all flavors.

Posts: 450 | Location: CA. | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With Quote