Find
Notify
Tools

180 gr. Accu-Bonds for .300 RUM.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Richard Wayne
posted
I just received my 180 gr. Accu-Bonds for my 300 RUM, and was wondering how you go about loading these, seeing that there are no listing's anywhere for the .300 Rum. with 180 Accu-bonds. I was thinking of useing a load for an other 180 gr. spitzer bullet, but i am not sure. Any info would be appreciated, Thank's: Rick.

Posts: 224 | Location: ontario,canada | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good luck with those. My .300 Win mag wont shoot the 200gr. variety. Maybe my rate of twist is factor. 1:11.

Retumbo will give some great velocity, but I didnt get any accuracy. RL25 was my 'ol standby for the .300RUM with 180gr. pills. I would start there...sakofan......

Posts: 1379 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am getting 1" groups with the 180gr accubond using r-25 in my two 300ultramags.However ballistic tips shoot groups half that size in the same rifles.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tiny
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I just received my 180 gr. Accu-Bonds for my 300 RUM, and was wondering how you go about loading these,

Same as you do all others Sorry couldn't resist.

Quote:

seeing that there are no listing's anywhere for the .300 Rum. with 180 Accu-bonds. I was thinking of useing a load for an other 180 gr. spitzer bullet, but i am not sure. Any info would be appreciated, Thank's: Rick.

Just use the data for the other Nosler 180gr and you should be ok,you could do as your above but by all means start low and work up.

Posts: 205 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Quote:

Just use the data for the other Nosler 180gr and you should be ok,you could do as your above but by all means start low and work up.

I believe this would be the correct approach, since I seem to remember that the AccuBond is the same bullet as the Ballistic Tip in all ways except the bonding, which should have no effect on the amount of friction the bullet produces when fired.....

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I seem to remember that the AccuBond is the same bullet as the Ballistic Tip in all ways except the bonding,

Not quite but reasonably close.The jackets are thicker and the bullets are longer and they don't seem to shoot nearly as well in my guns.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Quote:

Not quite but reasonably close.The jackets are thicker and the bullets are longer and they don't seem to shoot nearly as well in my guns.

Sorry to hear about their performance in your guns. I just got 50 of the 260 grainers for my .375 H&H, but haven't shot any of them yet. Was not aware that the jackets are thicker, but this makes sense! Some people who used Accubonds last fall said they performed on game about as well as the partition jacket design.

posted Hide Post
I worked up to the same load as I used with the 180 NBTs and the 180 Accubonds shot just as well for me. 99.5 grains of Retumbo, 3380s out of a 1:10 26 inch.

Posts: 17 | Location: TX | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Papershredder
posted Hide Post
Hey Rick;I went straight to the source and called the Nosler tech line.They told me exactly what all the other guys on this thread have said.The A.B,B.T.,and the Part. should all end up using the same recipes.They did however caution against just jamming in your max load and gettin' right at it.I dropped 2 grains off my normal load and worked my way back up with no problem.My groups with the A.B. ended up about as I expected;better then the partition,but not as tight as the B.T..I hope this helps you out some.

Posts: 157 | Location: Alberta,Canada | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote