THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Improved" Data for use in Standard Chambering?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have been looking for data for RE 19 with a Noser 115gr. BT to use in my .257 Roberts+P, Remington Mtn. Rifle. The Nosler #4 manual doesn't have any data, Hornady # 5 doesn't have any data for their 117 gr. bullets, and I don't have a Sierra #4 or Barnes #3 to cross reference for 115-117 gr. bullets. If anybody does have these manuals any help would be appreciated, (I would also like data w/H4831).

The Nosler # 4 book has data for RE 19 with the 115 gr., BT for a .257 Roberts Ackley Improved, (47.5 max.); can I use this data and start say around 45.0? What do you guys think? Thanks.

C-ROY

Posts: 259 | Location: Carolina | Registered: 11 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wildcat junkie
posted Hide Post
The rule of thumb (per P.O. Ackley) is to increase loads 5% over the standard version for Ackley Improved cartridges. I would think that reducing the startng loads for A.I. data by 5% would be a good place to start.

------------------
Life is more exitin' when yer stickin' suppositories inta a wildcats behind!

Posts: 2440 | Location: Northern New York, WAY NORTH | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Slamfire>
posted
Don't try to strain your rifle, if you can't find +P data in your manual, get a different one. If you absolutely, positively have to have more velocity than .257 data produces get a .25-06 or .257 Weatherby.