New
Find
Notify
Tools

CH/4D dies: any good?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
These guys sell an enormous range of dies, including all the best wildcats, at a reasonable price.
But how good are their dies, assuming that the dimensions are a good match for your chamber?

Posts: 96 | Location: South Australia | Registered: 20 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice folks, I have yet to use the dies I had made for my wildcat, still at the smith's, but they sure look well-machined, clean.
There was some confusion during the ordering process, but probably incidental, same as anywhere.
I'd recommend them.

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There dies are very good IMHO.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought a set of dies for the .470 NE from these folks. Very nice to deal with.

I did have to spin the dies in the lathe to remove flashing from the internal threading operations. Was easy ... and after that, the dies produce beautiful ammo!

Their pricing is about half of that charged by RCBS for odd dies.

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
C-H was one of the pioneers of the reloading business as we know it. As a result they KNOW what they are doing, through lots of thought on the subject back when there weren't any forums or very many experimenters to guide them, and over 60 years of experience in the business.

C-H is still in business. Most of their early contemporaries are not. Guess that tells the story at the bottom line.

Really nice thing is, they will make anything you can dream up. Like my .405 Winchester file/trim die...

AC

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote