Find
Notify
Tools

TOG Brenneke bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I have a supply of 10.3mm, 9.3mm and 375 TOG bullets I have got as part of someone's liquidation at an auction.

What is performance like? The Brenneke website seems to think they are fine medicine for buffalo.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Never tried them, but they look like they are hell for stout. As a bullet maker, I would be more concerned about their accuracy than penetration. Thin jackets are the most malleable and make the most concentric, accurate bullets. Its a trade off.
It appears that they thin the jackets at the nose specifically for forming the spitzer point. That tells me that the rest of the jackets are likely going to be very thick and tough. Not the best option for concentricity. But combine that with a bonded core and it should penetrate like nobodys business.

Posts: 10134 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Years ago I cut open RWS bullets.

All had extremely thin jackets.

Given a choice, I wouldn’t use them on buffalo.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66927 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have some loaded in 9.3x62 but I think thats TIG NOT tog! maybe!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Years ago I cut open RWS bullets.

All had extremely thin jackets.

Given a choice, I wouldn’t use them on buffalo.

The couple of RWS bullets I cut open did have thin jackets as shown in the image below although the 7mm copper capped H-Mantel bullet apparently worked well due to the special H design of the jacket. The 404 calibre solid bullet, while it has thin walls and base, does have a good reinforced nose and it too worked well enough where a solid was required.

I shot several buffalo with these RWS solids and only recovered one bullet in the rear hip joint of a good sized bull. The bullet had fishtailed at the base but had penetrated from the frontal shot all the way to the offside rear hip joint. All buffalo dropped to a single shot with these solids I used in reloads as did those also shot with Parker Hale factory ammo solids (old Norma made ammo and components).

The Brenneke TOG bullets are bonded core bullets so I imagine they should perform well as a premium soft on buffalo.

Posts: 3848 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote