New
Find
Notify
Tools

115 grain data please?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I cannot find data for the 115 grain ballistic tip for the 25.06? I would like to use H4831SC. Does anyone have a minimum and max load as well as the COAL. Thanks Esox357.

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Roll EyesReally depends on your rifle but 51 grains would seem to be a safe max. and 47 grains a reasonable min. This should at least give you a starting point. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I checked several source I have and could not find h4831 with a 115gr Nosler. With a 115gr Barnes TSX the data was 47gr to 52gr max and with Berger VLD's it was 47 to 54.3gr max. I set the OAL either based on magazine space or .010" off the lands to start and work from there. With Barnes, I start at .030" off the lands and work back to .050" or more off the lands.

Posts: 892 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thankyou guys for the assistance I will give it a go around and see what happens hopefully a good hunting load! Thanks Again.

One of Us
Picture of FOOBAR
posted Hide Post
Goto Hodgdon's reloading data center online.... http://www.hodgdon.com/ ... It has lots of good reloading data for 117 and 120 gr bullets...pick a powder, start at the bottom load and work up slowly.

You probably WON'T find specific reloading data fore the 115 Nos as it is a fairly new bullet unless you surf the net.

Luck

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Should I use the 117 data then? I checked the net just not a lot of information and I didn't know if I could use the 117 data? But if all else fails than I guess I will invent the load. Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post