Notify
Tools

Remington bronze points
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just recived a box of 30 cal 150 gn bronze
points ,i have never used them .Has anyone
had any luck with them,and whats the deal with the bronze point.Is it remingtons
answer to nosler bt.
Reloader Len

Posts: 237 | Location: Wesson ms | Registered: 12 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Bill>
posted
I think Jack o'Conor used them back in the day. I am pretty sure they have been around quite a while and preceed the ballistic shit by many years.

I am sure some of the guys that have been around longer will know this one.

<Paul Dustin>
posted
The Remington Bronze Point has been around for about 30 years. I use them in my 308 pistol and rifle and they work great on deer size game. For pistol hunting this bullet shot just as good as the Nosler BT. Give them a try you should like them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
RL

I have heard many stories of these bullets coming apart when fired at high speeds and at close range. Never seen it, but have heard of it happening from several reliable sources. I think these bullets were designed to run at standard velocities.

Ryan

Posts: 425 | Location: Minnesota, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As long as you don't drive them "too" fast, they are great for Deer.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
<danev2>
posted
Ditto for me on the above statements I set mine up in my 30-06 for about 2700 fps and they worked great!, accurrate little buggers too. Got a nice 3 point at about 150 or so yards a couple of years ago.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used the 180's on two deer out of my 30-06. One Whitetail at 75-100yds quartering away...turned lungs into a pink, foamy froth, and broke the offside shoulder and exited. The other deer I shot with it was a big mule deer @ less than 30yds...came around a cedar bush with this guy looking back at me (quartering away) and what followed in the next 2 seconds is a blur...crosshairs hit the shoulder and the deer hit the ground...through shoulder and complete exit. Great round for moderate velocities. Never seen a deer drop that fast.

[This message has been edited by the444shooter (edited 12-06-2001).]

Posts: 264 | Location: Big Sky Country, MT | Registered: 12 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shoot quite a few deer with 150 bronze pts. If you like a fast opening bullet that shoots well they well do it for you.

Posts: 19358 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I always figured they were the sorriest bullets I have ever used, bar none..Most of them explode on contact and some drill, but I only used them in the 270.....I got a sack full or horror stories.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
I always thought the Remington Bronze Point was a pretty bullet just sitting there looking at you. Unfortunately, performance was not their virtue. They will blow up if you don't hold your ears right..jim

------------------
"if you are to busy to
hunt, you are too busy."

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote