New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for 150 gr .35 Rem bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know where I could get some 150 gr Rem .35 projectiles? I think they measure .358.
Thanks

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
remington used to make a 150gr pointy bullet, and i've got a couple hundred that i bought in a midway special.. just checked midway, it's not offered any more

these are designed for the 35 rem...

a good alternative is the 158 XTP or any 158 gr softpoint bullet.

I'll check to see what i've got... if you want them, they'll be pretty cheap

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
What gun are you using them in? If its a Marlin 336 then you need to make sure that they protrude out of the case long enough to make the rifle function properly.

I tried some 150 gn cast loads in mine and they were so short that second round tried to follow the first one out of the tube resulting in a jam.

AK-47
The only Communist Idea that Liberals don't like.

Posts: 10174 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jeff. If you'd like email me at "wtomich@zoominternet.net" with details.
Walt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bump

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
T,
I looked for them last night.. couldn't find them...

all hope isn't lost, as I couldn't find several .358 bullets..

these ARE pointy, not wonderfull for a tube rifle.

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff:
Thanks for looking. Hope you can find some, I want to reload some for a single shot .357 max pistol.

one of us
posted Hide Post
150 grain bullets for .35 Remmington
If you reload for .38 Special/.357 Magnum and you use 150 or 158 grain bullets, you already have what you need.

Posts: 355 | Location: Roanoke, Virginia | Registered: 29 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you don't find them, you might want to try a 180gr Speer Hot-Cor(Part #2435).

The only problem might be Headspace in a Revolver. I don't know that it would be though.

From the "Leading Edge" of the Cannelure to the tip is right at 0.540" on the 180gr Speer Hot-Cor. So, you can do a bit of measuring with your cylinder and see if it will have clearance.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
...there used to be a guy on the old ShootersTalk forum advertising 150gr bullets for sale... I can't remember his "handle" right off hand, but he may be posting on this forum. He also might be on the 24Hr Campfire forum, as a lot of the ShootersTalk folks went over there. He might still have some, as there didn't seem to be a large response to his ads. I had bought a couple hundred of them at a gun show, and didn't need any.
As an aside... I thought these were made for the 350 rem mag... If they were, the jacket is probably a little tougher than if they were for the 35 Rem....
I would just sort of "broadcast" a request on several forums, to see if he is still around.
These stubby little bullets shoot amazingly well in my 35 Whelen... at least at 100 yds, and they are cruising at about 3100fps at the muzzle.

"I didn't know how many of them it was going to take to whip my ass..... but I knew how many they were going to use......" Ron White

Posts: 92 | Location: north side of DFW | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
His name is dustin posts on specialty pistols and is sold out of a special run from remmington.

Third eye blinds the other two!
A bullet smith.

Posts: 61 | Location: ga | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
thumbI've got about 75 I can part with.bartsche@sbcglobal.net.E-mail me and we'll work it out. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hornetguy2. Those bullets were made for the .350 Rem. Mag. I got a large bunch for a dude who was screaming bloody murder that he couldn't find any. He said he wanted as many as I could provide. When I got the bullets, found them at a gun show, he crawfished out of the deal. Guess I'll have to shoot the damn things myself. Could you pass on the load you're using for yours. I'd appreciate it.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hornet 2 or Paul B would either of you be interested in selling a small quantity (or maybe all of them)? Thanks.
Walt

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have some I would sell how about 17.00/100 +s/h
I have about 500+
Lightning93

Posts: 69 | Location: New York | Registered: 13 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bump

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bartsche:
: Wink"thumb:I've got about 75 I can part with."

They're on their way at firt light tommorrow. thumbRoger???$17.00/100?????? thumbdown

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Roger. Have a great day!!!!

posted Hide Post
Paul B....
Sorry it took so long to reply... I've been away from the forum... I'll get you the details of my load as soon as I get home tonight... I'm thinking I used Rel 7, but I'm not sure... you know how that memory thing goes...

"I didn't know how many of them it was going to take to whip my ass..... but I knew how many they were going to use......" Ron White

Posts: 92 | Location: north side of DFW | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Paul B...
My records indicate that my best load for the 150 gr bullet in my Whelen was 56.0g of Reloder 7, using Rem brass and WW lg rifle primers. OAL was 3.055"...
..the records indicate that the first 3 shots went into .452", but I persisted and enlarged it to 1.3" with 7 shots total.
Avg velocity was 3157fps..
It also shows that I tried 59.0g of 3031, and averaged 2955fps.... I didn't record group size, but noted that it was a "decent" group...
hope this helps some....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hornady makes a 180SP, just bought two boxes of their rejects when I stopped by the factory this fall. I use them in my 358 Savage 99 and Montana 1999.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
bump

posted Hide Post
tieoneon.... you have a private message

one of us
posted Hide Post
So make me an offer I just threw out a price
I have a 1000 pcs let me know
Lightning93

Posts: 69 | Location: New York | Registered: 13 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hornetguy. Thanks for the data. I'll give it a try.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roger:
Got the bullets today. Thanks. Will let you know how they work. Thanks again.
Walt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hornetguy2, thanks for sending the bullets. Got them yesterday. I'll send the check on Monday.

one of us
Picture of recoilpad
posted Hide Post
tieonone,
I can attest to these bullets working well in a .35 Remington. I shoot the factory 150 gr. in my Remington Model 81 Woodmaster. I have a few boxes left over from a purchase years ago. These are Remington green and yellow boxes with the description " 150 gr. Core-Lokt Pointed Soft Point". I use these for deer hunting in the south. They work very well. They always mushroom out and I have not had one exit yet. I rather shoot the 150's in my Model 81 due to the light recoil. This rifle shoots different from my other semi-autos. When I shoot the 200 gr., it feels like the whole rifle wants to dance. The 150 gr. tones down this action. For an old rifle, it functions flawlessly and the iron sights appear to be dead on with the 150's to 100 yards.

"Big ears doesn't make you a good listener, but big feet will tell on you." - Mr. Bill Clinton

Posts: 339 | Location: Texas via Louisiana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Recilpad:
Thanks for the info. I hope to work up hunting loads for my 357 Rem Max with these 150 gr. 35 Rem bullets.

one of us
Picture of recoilpad
posted Hide Post
tieoneon,
Let me know how it works out. I have a Dan Wesson in .357 Maximum. I don't shoot it much; I have only shot the 158 grains. This round is a handful!

"Big ears doesn't make you a good listener, but big feet will tell on you." - Mr. Bill Clinton

Posts: 339 | Location: Texas via Louisiana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote