New
Find
Notify
Tools

RL22 Recall
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was at my local gunshop last night and they had a sign in the window offering to either exchange the "bad" batch of RL22 for a newer batch or to give a refund. I'd already taken care of my problem with RL22 directly with Aliant so I didn't think to ask if he was doing it on his own or it was a factory recall.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Bill>
posted
Alliant recommeded not using a specific lot number of RL22, I do not remeber it.

There was a post about this a few weeks ago.

Alliant was very helpful reguarding this matter.

One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
DB Bill - Thanks to this forum, I discovered that I had three pounds of the recall stuff. I had not opened it yet - I was just finishing an older batch and would have used the new powder within weeks of the notification. Alliant could not have been more apologetic nor helpful. My replacement powder was in my hands within four days. I immediately sent a thank you letter for the way they handled my situation. I also recommended that they post this on their web site, I have yet to see anything about it.

They clearly stated that Alliant strongly recommends that no one use the recall powder even for reduced loads. Something happened in the manufacturing process and they could not guarantee the powder�s stability nor uniform burn rate. Lesson to all - always rework your loads with new powder lots to avoid the KaBooms.

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
ZERO - can you be more specific please? I have 30 pounds of it here and I'd like to know it's all O.K. - Thanks

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RL-22 lot #25083 dtd 1/11/01 is different from other lots of RL-22.

[This message has been edited by Recono (edited 07-11-2001).]

Posts: 2272 | Location: PDR of Massachusetts | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
<Charlie S>
posted
Recono
Thanks for the Lot No./Info,
Thanks Again
Charlie S.

One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
Nick - Recono is correct. The recall was for lot number 25083. I believe there were several dates that applied. Give Alliant a call if you have any questions at 800 276-9337.

If you have old powder, it makes excellent fertilizer - no joke.

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Jn316>
posted
Where is the lot number located on the bottle?

posted Hide Post
Thanks fellow "Forumites"!!

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jn316:
Where is the lot number located on the bottle?

It can be located in a variety of places but usually on the side near the bottom and aligned up and down. A series of numbers followed by a date. Can sometimes be hard to read.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote