New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler 280 Remington Brass
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
We had a rifle brought in here today with some Federal ammo, and some new Nosler empty brass.

We tried loading the nosler brass, and the bullets were too loose in tne neck. It seems the brass has thinner neckes than usual.

We fired some of the Federal factory ammo, and then resized the cases and loaded them without any problems.

I wonder if anyone has encountered this problem with new Nosler brass.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68692 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed

I have tried the Nosler brass in a .338 Win Mag, .270 Win and a 22-250 Rem. with no problems so far.

Steve

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
A small sampling of .308 here with good results.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Hey Saeed

I recently got a box of 280 Remington cases for fireforming to 280AI. The necks were thick enough so that I could outside neck turn them to .013" for my tight necked chamber. I can not speak to the bullet grip on the factory cases since I ran them through a Lee Collet prior to and after neck turning.

Mine were good cases. You must have gotten a bad bunch.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've shot about 150 rounds of noslers 280 AI brass with nothing but great results.

Posts: 549 | Location: n.e.Mn | Registered: 14 October 2006Reply With Quote