Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

lee turret storage question
 Login/Join

posted
This question goes out to all of thoes guys that have load masters and 4 hole turret presses that are used to load for multiple calibers? how in the heck do you all store all of you spare turrets? I just can't seem to figure this one out. You just can't leave them sitting around on the decapping pin and wobbling around the bench. I have 3 LM turrets and 5 of the 4 hole turrets so far and can't seem to figgure this out. What's ya'lls secret? Is there some magical storage device out there for your turrets or do they all just wobble and flop around?

g19man

one of us
posted Hide Post
my best friend and loading mentor uses a lee turret press and he took an inch by 6' board or something like that and cut holes big enough to set his die mounted turrets in and attached it to wall above his loading bench..... works good.. he has at least 6 turrets and dies on it.....

Picture of budman461
posted Hide Post
chauncey,

one lb. coffee cans. i labled the plastic covers with the die set info...they stack pretty well, too.

budman

Posts: 23 | Location: n.central pennsylvania | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I laid a piece of thick cardboard on a shelf and set the loaded turrets on it. I just pushed the decapping pins into it and it holds them fine

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the LEE Classic 4-hole turret press, and store the turrets in the round boxes the dies came in. Just flip the bottom part over, and a turret, even with 4 dies, will fit perfectly.
(If you bought the 4-die deluxe sets which come in a square box, you'll have to buy a round box separately).

one of us
posted Hide Post
Laying on the shelve with all the other reloading dies.

Posts: 19393 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote