Find
Notify
Tools

Compatible? Pro Auto-Disk and Classic Turret
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Compatible? Pro Auto-Disk and Classic Turret
I am ordering a Lee Classic Turret and wanted to get the Pro Autodisk (for it's superior powder hopper among other things) to use on press. One tcheck at Factory Sales (Lee's marketing arm) tell me the Pro will not work on the Classic Turret.

I also wanted to get the upgrade kit for one of my standard Auto-disk measures, but he said the same thing, "won't work".

Can anyone verify or debunk the notion?

They said it has to do with needing to use the chain return mechanism instead of the spring, but that doesn't make any sense to me.

Thanks

Lost Sheep

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not using a Pro Auto Disc measure on a Classic turret press, however I do use it on an older turret press for pistol and just use the heavy return spring instead of the chain. It works fine and has given no problems.

Jerry Liles

Posts: 531 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Liles:
I'm not using a Pro Auto Disc measure on a Classic turret press, however I do use it on an older turret press for pistol and just use the heavy return spring instead of the chain. It works fine and has given no problems.

Jerry Liles

Jerry, did your Pro Auto Disk come with the spring or did you have to get one aftermarket?

That is,

Does the Pro come with the extra ("F") lever and spring?

Has anyone bought a Lee Pro Autodisk Powder Measure lately?

The Pro Autodisk Powder Measure comes with an installed lever shaped like a "T" and has a pull-chain to return the measure to its rest position. Does it normally come with an extra actuating lever and the return spring (lever is shaped like an "F" and uses a coil spring to return the measure to its rest position)? This would be necessary for use on a Turret press because the chain could not work with a moving press head.

If the "F" lever is not included, then the Factory Sales tech might be right. If the "F" lever is not available and not usable on the Pro, then he is indeed correct and I may owe him an apology.

Does anyone know for sure?

Lost Sheep

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Pro Autodisc came with the spring and spring lever. I bought it about 5 years ago.

Jerry Liles

Posts: 531 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote