New
Find
Notify
Tools

Krieger Barrels, Inc.?
 Login/Join

<Al Smith>
posted
I was wondering what everyone's opinion on Krieger Barrels, Inc. is.

I am considering having them do some work for me in the near future. I'm going to have a rifle rebarreled and the action trued up.

Any one have any positive or negative experiences with them?

Thanks,

Al

one of us
posted Hide Post
Many believe they make the best barrels available.....if you do a "search" for Krieger on this site you will get a lot of hits.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<PrimeTime>
posted
Normally, a good indication of quality is what the benchrest crowd is using. These guys shoot hundreds if not thousands of rounds each season and spare no expense to get the ultimate in accuracy. If you read the reports of what barrels this are mostly widely used, it is Hart and Krieger. I prefer Krieger myself mainly because of the cut rifling. Buy one, it should serve you well.

<Don G>
posted
Very good barrels, (I love cutrifled barrels)very good work if you can afford to wait for it.

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
I used them for years, but lately I have been using Lothar-Walther and I like them even better but noone is going wrong with a Kreiger barrel, thats for sure...Or a Douglas or Pac Nor.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My only Krieger experience is with a rebarreled .22 K-Hornet. It shoots marvelously.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Mike Anderson>
posted
Al,

Plenty of positives! I don't think I've ever heard a negative except don't get in a hurry for delivery.
Krieger, Hart , Lilja they all shoot! Just choose your company you won't go wrong in this crowd!

quote:
Originally posted by Al Smith:
I was wondering what everyone's opinion on Krieger Barrels, Inc. is.

I am considering having them do some work for me in the near future. I'm going to have a rifle rebarreled and the action trued up.

Any one have any positive or negative experiences with them?

Thanks,

Al

one of us
posted Hide Post
Recently had them install a heavy Garand barrel in 308. Accuracy is top notch. They were slow, about four months.

Posts: 813 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 02 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wildcatter
posted Hide Post
I don't think you could go wrong with Krieger. I'm going to use them for my .500 Dark Continient. They cut-rifle their barrels and make hundreds of passes for each groove taking only .0001 per pass. This allows them to omit the final stress relieving proccess. For $240-380 You can find no better. That's my 2 cents .

-Catter

[This message has been edited by Wildcatter (edited 11-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Wildcatter (edited 11-02-2001).]

Posts: 788 | Location: Central Texas, U.S. | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
<Jeff S>
posted
Krieger is a really fine barrel. I've worn out two Krieger barrels on my match guns and they are well made and very nicely finished to boot (which makes cleanup easier) I like Obermeyer barrels better, if you can find one. But Krieger barrels are very very good

<Reloader66>
posted
Krieger barrels are hard to beat. I ordered mine and was told it may take 8 to 10 weeks. I received the barrel in 4 weeks.

<Mike Anderson>
posted
Someone mentioned Obermeyer barrels. Who has a contact for them? Please forward. I have been unable to find one.

I know they make a fine barrel too!

<Daryl Elder>
posted
I had a Krieger chambered to 9.3x64. My smith was always commenting on the quality of the material and the quality of the bore as being among the best he had seen-- European or otherwise.

<Jeff S>
posted
Obermeyer barrels phone # is 414-843-3537

one of us
posted Hide Post
Daryl Elder,

if you don't mind me asking, Who does your smith work? I myself have to send my stuff down to B.C. Corlanes usually.

Daryl

Posts: 536 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Kreiger barrels SHOOT!!!! clean.
K&P barrels out of Raton N.M. are single cut rifled also & they shoot as well as Kreiger's.Ken(K&P) will make any bore,land,groove,twist,ratio at no extra cost.Cryo dipping is extra.
Keep'em in the X ring DAN

Posts: 13 | Location: Fairbanks,Alaska | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Daryl Elder>
posted
Daryl D., Ralf Martini of Martini&Hagn in Cranbrook does my smithing for 2 very good reasons: He does excellant work and is a good friend.You won't find better smiths in the world than these guys. Nothing against Rod or Tim, but Ralf and Martin are in a different league.

<Reloader66>
posted
At this point in time in my view Krieger single point cut rifled barrels are the very best any shooter can install on his bench or hunting rifle. If you tested 100 Krieger cut rifled or 100 button rifled barrels you would find that more krieger barrels from that 100 would produce tighter groups than the 100 button rifled barrels.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
I have used Butch Obermyers barrels and they are a fantastic barrel, but the last I heard you had to buy 20 of them to get one...Also he is making military barrels for the big stuff and I got a hunch he is gonna be busy as hell for a while...

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote