THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Another Test.....What Is The Diameter Of A Penny Where You Live?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Test.....What Is The Diameter Of A Penny Where You Live?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This is a test! What is the diameter of a penny where you live? Please identify the State in which you live!

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<ultramag>
posted
The dia. in MO is .750. Do I win an amazing "out of the box rifle" that will shoot equally amazing 200 yd. 5 shot groups?

one of us
posted Hide Post
The "show me" state is heard from...got to show me too.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Duh...

Blush...

Grimmace...

But...I will admit when I am wrong...the penny is 3/4" not 1/2"...

Maybe that is why I always think I am being short changed?

[This message has been edited by ricciardelli (edited 01-12-2002).]

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Cowboycaca>
posted
.748 on the one I just measured here in Penna.

<Don G>
posted
Bill,

Is this a test to see how gullible we are?

I'll bite - 0.751 on a 1998 plain here in Cincinnati, OH.

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
Don...it was just me being my usual smart-ass about another posting.

<rock42>
posted
the five pennsylvania pennies I measuured all were .7495.

and by the way, every gun I have will shoot a 1 shot group that I can cover with a dime.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Assuming you are trying to be accurate, or testing, there are no true US pennies in Texas, there are a few one cent coins. All the pennies(from pence)are foreign.

Reminds me of a joke:

Rich Texas Oilman goes on his first trip to New York, buys a Cadillac and has to pay a toll on one of the bridges, hands the toll taker a 100 dollar bill. Taker says, "Don't you have anything smaller?" Texas replies, "They make them smaller?"

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote