New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Swift Scirocco Opinions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Barnes TSX. 'Nuff said. There is no bullet out there that offers the on game performance of the x. Bonded core bullets may be ok with some, but I dont like them. Never had a barnes fail to perform on game. Always passes thru, always leaves devastating wound channel, animal always dropped in their tracks. Have tried the others including the high priced scirocco. Till something better comes along my rifles will be loaded with barnes bullets.

one of us
posted Hide Post
DITTO,
You can check my old post, nothing compares to Barnes.

Always 2 holes, always dead!

simdow

Posts: 189 | Location: Asheville NC | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Quote:

With the introduction of the Accubond and the Interbond, I see little use for the similar Scirroco, which costs 2 or 3 times as much.

I agree 100%.

For this line of bullet to survive, they're going to have to reduce their price.

I agree also. Additionally they are gonna have to get tougher to compete. They pancake too much!

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Scirocco was a great bullet. It was a great advancement in bullet technology. Note I used the word "was". It's day in the sun is past. It is no longer cutting edge for the type; Interbond was an improvement, then the Accubond a further improvement. The Accubond is the leading technology in that bullet type now, and significantly cheaper to boot.

Posts: 747 | Location: Nevada, USA | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote