Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woodleigh data
 Login/Join

posted
Who's data should I use to load 180 gr protected power point for 300wsm. I have hornady. Is that the best? THX for the help

Posts: 12 | Location: Va Bch,Va | Registered: 28 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
G'day, don't know if's it's the best, but as usual just start with the min. load and work up. The 180gn PP is a top projie. I use near max charges in my firearms for hard hitting and superb accuracy. Also hear a rumor here that Woodleigh's are in the process of putting together a load manual....Les

Posts: 115 | Location: Vic Australia | Registered: 05 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HiWall
posted Hide Post
I have good results with a close to max load of ADI AR2209 (H4350) behind the Woodleigh 180gr .300 Magnum PP bullet.
ADI & Hodgdon website list identical charge weights. Rifle is a Mod 70 F/Weight.

Posts: 323 | Location: Back Home in Aus. | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In my guns I shoot the same loads with Woodleighs as I do with Nosler, Sierra, Hornady etc. Have for years..but this has more to do with the gun than with the bullet, so starting a grain or two below book max and working up is pretty safe as todays loading books sure have a built in "keep the lawyers off their back" max load data...

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote