THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    375 Fl Mag - can one form this brass from another case?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

375 Fl Mag - can one form this brass from another case?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted
I would appreciate any info on forming 375 Flanged Magnum cases (H&H without the belt)

Not much that I can find on the web. One reference to using 45-120 cases is not convincing at all.

New Norma brass cost US$5 each!!!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11246 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For all the trouble it takes to make cases and for as many cases one might need for a 375fi rifle 5bucks doesn't seem to bad

Posts: 19612 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Agreed.

Also found that the cases are a lot cheaper in Australia. BELL, Jamison & Norma are available & Norma cases are just $3 Aus Dollar!

quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
For all the trouble it takes to make cases and for as many cases one might need for a 375fi rifle 5bucks doesn't seem to bad

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get the Norma cases. They are great to work with.

Where are you buying them for $3/case? Last lot cost me AUD180/50 last April, now I see they are about AUD210!

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1975 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
I would appreciate any info on forming 375 Flanged Magnum cases (H&H without the belt)

Not much that I can find on the web. One reference to using 45-120 cases is not convincing at all.

New Norma brass cost US$5 each!!!

That's cheap!! In a Australia, 505 Gibbs brass costs me $7.90 each, as does 500 Nitro brass.
Both are Norma, which is the only supplier here for all my exotic big bores.
416 Rigby brass runs at $199 per 50!

Just buy it, it will last a long time and pays for itself after a few firings.

Cheers.
tu2

Posts: 683 | Location: N E Victoria, Australia. | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Sorry it was Graff in the US - https://www.grafs.com/retail/c...egory/categoryId/829

quote:
Originally posted by Rockdoc:
Get the Norma cases. They are great to work with.

Where are you buying them for $3/case? Last lot cost me AUD180/50 last April, now I see they are about AUD210!

Cheers, Chris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Nakihunter. Actually cheaper here than the USA when you factor in freight.

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1975 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
just fli -- 45-120 NORMA cases have been field tested in a bolt gun to take A LOT of pressure

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39696 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Chris

Where did you get them from?

quote:
Originally posted by Rockdoc:
Thanks Nakihunter. Actually cheaper here than the USA when you factor in freight.

Cheers, Chris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have bought them from Rebel as follows:

http://www.rebelgunworks.net/

Or ther places like Magnum Sports in Sydney will get them in.

Not sure if they will post direct, else I could post them.

DRSS