Find
Notify
Tools

AG-42B Ljungman loads
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted
Does anyone have an original spec load for a Ljungman ?...are they different to a standard M96 military load?

Roger

Posts: 1035 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rapidrob
posted Hide Post
There is no difference in either the older round nose or the Torpedo ( spitzer) loads for this rifle.
What IS different is the loaded cases were lubed! I've been shooting my 42B for the last 30 years using Borden's " Slide-All" dry lube.
It works very well and the brass is not stressed or broken extractors happening when fired if the cases are not lubed.
These rifles are designed for lubed cases. Bolt head thrust is not an issue and never has been.
Many ignorant owners fire the ammo dry. They will pay the price in the long run.
Remember to A L W A Y S put the safety ON before you ever place you fingers in front of the bolt.
The bolts F-86 fighter-jet front edge will remove flesh from you fingers if it slams forward while loading or clearing and the safety is off.
I have designed and built a "Gas Regulator" to allow the fired brass to stay close to the shooter and not be ejected into the next county.
They are great rifles, fun to shoot, and crazy accurate at long range. I love the sights.

Gulf of Tonkin Yacht Club
NRA Endowment Member
President NM MILSURPS

Posts: 444 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 28 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
Thanks, helpful but I still need actual load data.

Roger

Posts: 1035 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote