New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reduced loads for 22.250
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone know where to find or have any reduced load for 22.250. I am using IMR 4064 or H380 powder with 52 gr sierra's, 55 grain sierra spitzers and 55 grain nosler bt's.

Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have never fired a 22-250 but have reduced loads for .22 Hornet and .223 Remmington. Midway has the "LEE SHOOTER program for $11.95 + shipping. The program will allow you to use your BULLET and POWDER to reduce the velocity down.

Posts: 355 | Location: Roanoke, Virginia | Registered: 29 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Caution, Caution, Caution,

This reduced load in my custom built heavy barrel 22-250 rifle produces 1/2" five shot groups at 100 yards. Follow this load to the letter as to powder charge and bullet weight, you can use your brand of brass and primer. My records show this to be an excellent reduced load for the 22-250. 25.0 grains / H-4895 powder / federal large rifle primers / 52 or 53 grain HP or PSP bullet. Makes a very good load for any varmint at closer ranges for minimum pelt damage.

Reduced loads should never be treated as you would traditional load shooting. Certain powders are defined as reduced load powders, fine for reduced load shooting, and you must know the proper ones to use.

You can't pick any powder at random and use it as a reduced load powder. Nothing can blow up a rifle faster than a sqibb load. The sqibb load is an under charged case with to much air space in the case and not enough powder to fill the case properly. Use this load at your own risk and I have cautioned you as to proper powder charge weight and bullet weights to use. Do not deviate from the powder charge weight or bullet weight.

Posts: 64 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks,

I am looking for a load for gophers in built up areas and a good fox load. I found a load that was 14.0 gr of blue dot with a 45 grain bullet for 2600fps. I think I will try this one. I know enough not to just try anything.

Greg

one of us
posted Hide Post
Coyote Caller,
Sent you private email on this.
so check your email on this board

seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote