New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS presses
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was at a gunshop today and looked at the RCBS Rockcrusher supreme they had there.

Hmmm , Thats different than my rockcrusher,,, I jiggled the handle ... Wow this thing is loose and wobbley. Seemed rough and loose when I pulled down the handle too. Eeker Saw a Lee press too. It didnt look very sturdy to me at all. actually looked like a piece of crap Eeker

So I get home and look at some catalogs of the new RCBS press and Look at my RCBS press.

Mine is the older Rockcrusher II and is Alot tighter,sturdyer, and smoother than the New Supreme Rockcrusher. The primer catcher is way better too.

I guess I had not noticed Rcbs had changed their rockcrusher press. Eeker Eeker

Well the old RCII is a beter built press. Big Grin Cool

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've noticed the same thing. I have a RC II that is 17 years old and it seems much tighter than the new offerings from RCBS. Of course my Redding UltraMag makes it seem loose by comparison.

Posts: 1239 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DILLON DILLON DILLON !. No I don't work for or have any relations connections there !. I have used RCBS Dies since 1967 I LIKE those people !.
I also have what we refer to as the old " RockChucker " !. Circa 1967 !. I stepped up with a 550B Dillon press Many years ago , BEST PRESS I've ever used BAR NONE !. I have 6 different presses including Shotgun equipment . I'll give you one guess as to which one I REALLY USE the MOST !. ... thumb

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote