Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone using AmmoGuide?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted
I've subscribed. I found it quite useful in the past but then they restricted free access but now I can get to all their stuff. I think it would be worth adding more lad data (that's from users). Trouble is, the loads shown are not lab tested so one needs to apply causing and good sense. But I like the site just the same. I see someone has a hornet load hotter than mine and mine is no sloach.

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been a member of ammoguide for a number of years and use their data as a load suggestion sometimes when deciding what powder for a new load etc. I also compare their data to other load data resources and use my own judgement when applying any data for use in my ammunition.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
12 bucks .. every year... since inception...

you use load books, yeah? you KNOW that most of those loads aren't actually lap tested with pressure equipment, right?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38662 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is this the Wolfe publishing site?

I saw some load sections lifted straight out of both press releases and loading manuals.

Better to save up for their "from the beginning" CD sets.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted Hide Post
It's quite an informative site but one must remember these are not not lab tested loads , rather, they are loads developed by folks like you and me and must therefor be treated with caution. I would hope the developers of the loads are responsible and the ones I've looked at seem to be but even so, they're developed for a specific gun with specific components. Here's the link; http://ammoguide.com

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
12 bucks .. every year... since inception...

you use load books, yeah? you KNOW that most of those loads aren't actually lap tested with pressure equipment, right?

Me too... well since I found out about it

Snake