Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting bore scope photos
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
Ran across this site. Really makes you wonder just what that "clean" bore of yours looks like doesn't it?

bore scope photos and article.

I've been amazed at what a borescope shows after using those ultimate copper removers like wipeout or BBS.

The scope won't lie like a patch can. This probably belongs in gun cleaning but will probably get more attention here.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, the photography is just as amazing as the bore conditions there. i'd sure like to have one just for the curiosity, but $630 is a little too steep for me.

Posts: 139 | Location: Fairmont, WV | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CharlieHo:
Wow, the photography is just as amazing as the bore conditions there. i'd sure like to have one just for the curiosity, but $630 is a little too steep for me.

$560 at Sinclair.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Doc, those are cool pics. I seem to remember there was some type of something that you could get with your Hawkeye that let you make/take the pics, I skipped on that accessory.....

One thing though, that guy is doing something seriously wrong if it takes him several hours to get the copper out of the bore that is shown in the one pic. That type of copper fouling is fairly typical, and it comes out a lot quicker than an hour for me---like 10 minutes!!

I don't really have an issue with using a brush, nylon typically, but usually stroking back and forth with a wet patch a bit and following with a dry one does it, if not a bit of work with the brush and all clean for me.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine sent me some photos via email after he shot some Sierra MK bullets in his rifles.

He has some Pacnor barrels, a Krieger, a couple Broughtons, and some others.

He was one of the first to tell me about wipeout.

He loved the stuff, talked about how great it was, till he got a borescope.

He still likes it very well but for him it didn't work as advertised.

BTW, for what it is worth, let me say that between 6 guys, including me, those PacNor barrels sure handle fouling well. I was told when I bought my first one that they "don't foul" like many handlapped bbls do.

So, even though I think most all of the custom barrels are all A+++ rated for accuracy, I have to give a thumbs up to PacNor. I just knew that when I started shooting the TSX bullets I'd be working hard to get rid of copper. I was very impressed at the minimal amount of copper in my 30.06 after 20+ rounds of TSX bullets.