New
Find
Notify
Tools

2230C vs. 2230?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was working up some loads yesterday and had been using 2230 data for 2230C like they recommend. They also say 2230C is slower than 2230. Well I got to the 2230 max in 22-250 with a 40gr Vmax and had no signs of pressure. I then worked up in one half grain increments until I saw mild sooty case necks and a small ring around the primer strike. I backed off one half and found I was three grains over the listed max for 2230. It was 63 degrees F in my house and I was just shooting out the back door but I think I'll have to watch it this summer.

Was wondering if anyone else has seen this or has actual 2230C load data.

Thanks,
Chris

Posts: 200 | Location: Belle Plaine, IA USA | Registered: 09 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
CISCO -
You shoot out the back door of your house?!?! Boy, I thought MY wife was easygoing; yours beats her hands down.

I read somewhere that 2230-C is supposed to be approximately 5% slower than 2230, which would equate to about 1-1/2 - 2 grains in the 22-250. I'm guessing your loads are pretty warm. Did you chrono them?

R-WEST

------------------
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
Dean Vernon Wormer - 'Animal House'

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't shoot for groups out the back door. I was just blasting and watching for pressure signs. Don't have a chrono, someday I will. Yeah, I'd say they're "hot". I wont go any further with them and might back off a grian or half or until they group well.
Thanks for the info.

Chris

Posts: 200 | Location: Belle Plaine, IA USA | Registered: 09 July 2001Reply With Quote