Find
Notify
Tools

Needed-Rem 700 bolt
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted
I need a bolt with the standard bolt face for a Rem 700 long action. I can not send it back to Remington as it is a rimmed wildcat (of my own design), and I need an interchangeable standard bolt to use for '06 head size brass.

Thanks,
Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Lots of luck! I had a action but no bolt that I picked up at a gun show. Three years latter & still no bolt I traded it to a friend who had a bolt but no action. :+(
No he wouldn't let go of that bolt. I guess he is just more patient than I did. :+(

------------------
NRA Life member

[This message has been edited by Bear Claw (edited 12-25-2001).]

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Keep an eye on ebay. Every once in a while someone will list a 700 bolt. Usually short action versions but not always.

I don't know enough about benchrest to know for sure but I think they might be new bolts sold off when a gun is built. Lots of new short action barrels and ADL and BDL trigger guards and floorplates also.

Good luck, Joe.

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replys. I was hoping one of our gunsmith members might have one lurking around in the darkest recesses of a storage bin somewhere. It was worth a shot .

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote