THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    pact electronic powder dispenser and electronic scale?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pact electronic powder dispenser and electronic scale?
 Login/Join

<Matt77>
posted
Midway has the combo on sale for $149.95 U.S.
Is this a good electronic scale and powder dispenser?
Thanks
Matt
[This message has been edited by Matt77 (edited 12-11-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Matt77 (edited 12-11-2001).]

<Steve in MI>
posted
I like mine it is very accurate. Not the fastest way to drop powder, but I am not in a hurry when reloading. That price of $149 is for both?? If so that is a good price I paid quite a bit more for mine.

<Antonio>
posted
In addition to the scale, are they offering on sale the dispenser or the trickler. I think the trickler might a better and faster idea, using it together with a mecanical power dispenser to get to the last grain.

I have the Pact scale and it used to work well, but lately it has acquired the habit of changing the displayed weight as my hand comes near to it. I have tried to find out what sort of interference is causing this, but in the meantime I double-check all my charges with my old balance-beam.

Antonio

<Bill>
posted
The $149 price only includes the dispenser, you would still need the scale to make it work.

<Matt77>
posted
yeah, I done messed up on the pricing. I'm looking for something that I can punch in say 75 grains, toss in the say, imr 4831, and push a button and it throws it on the scale, which weighs it. Then all I have to do is dump it into the cartridge.
cause handweighing everysingle one stinks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Lyman Autoscale which does just that. Got mine used, but it works pretty good. It reads .5 grain heavy so I set it alittle light. I may send it back to have it calibrated yet. They seem to sell between $150 and $190.

------------------
Shane Marquardt

Posts: 179 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With Quote
<JCCD>
posted
I like mine too. You can also push the dispense button and use it like a trickler. You can speed things up by seating bullets while its dispensing the next charge.

<Sparticus>
posted
I have a PACT and it seems to be temperature sensitive. Out in the cold air of the bench rest range it's all over the map. Bring it in and all the problems stop. But, Turn the light on, that is near it and it starts changing weights. Even a new battery doesn't help. So, all in all 90% of the time she's on the nose.

<Big50>
posted
I have the RCBS Powder Pro measurer and scale, which is the same and made by Pact, and it throws 1 grain per second with Win748 and 2 grain per second with tube powder, the trickler works faster than you can (about 5 seconds) with precision accuracy every time

You can fool it into throwing more than 99 grains by weighing more than that on the scale and hit the memory button on the measurer to memorize, it will throw then trickle to that weight, or if you like throw it with another dispenser then hit the dispense button to trickle the rest.

The system IS fast and ACCURATE too.

I do have to calibrate every time I turn it on, so it stays on until I'm done.

------------------
Brent