Notify
Tools

Reloading Forum Purpose
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hell, I wisht I had the internet when I started reloading.
Uhmmm ... well ... yeah!

I have found it interesting and fun to discover the personalities that come across on the 'net. There are good folks out there, some with life experiences I can relate to. All have something I can learn from! In short, You folks all contribute to the enrichment of my simple life! beer

As James puts it -
quote:
This place is great. Where else are we going to share our knowledge and pick on them too?

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
And Saeed said, "Let there be light", and there was light. And Saeed said, "Go forth and multiply". And Saeed said, "No advertizing until I create an Outfitters Offered Hunts forum".

The rest is pretty much a free for all.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I will let you off this time mate, just because you come from the same country as my friend Denis.

He proudly told me his ancestors were hand picked by British judges, and he bloddy proud of his heritage. I bought him a whole case of beer, as you never see him without a can in his hands.

He called it his "aiming lotion".

It must have been very bad aiming lotion, as he could never hit anything clap

Thank you kind sir... you are too kind dancing

As with your friend, many of my ancestors were also handpicked by the British judiciary, and a few even made good and became people of 'good repute'... sadly, one of their descendants has failed to follow in their footsteps...

As to Dennis's 'aiming lotion' I also partake of that particular product at times, however I prefer to think of it as my 'attitude adjuster', or my 'calming influence'... given that I will not, under any circumstances, handle a firearm after using it, I don't really know if it works... but at least I'm relaxed. beer

Is alcohol allowed in Dubai? Reason I ask is that a colleague wants me to take up a project there... I thought alcohol was banned?

(Don't get me wrong, alcohol availabilty isn't the 'deal breaker', other factors are far more important (my son is in his final year of senior school, and I'm a single Dad, so leaving him right now, or shifting him over there is pretty much out of the question...

A gun is a tool. A moron is a moron. A moron with a hammer who busts something is still just a moron, it's not a hammer problem. Daniel77

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Alcohol is freely available at all the hotel bars. And if you work here you get yourself a "drink permit", that allows you to buy drinks from the off license.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68690 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Saeed

A gun is a tool. A moron is a moron. A moron with a hammer who busts something is still just a moron, it's not a hammer problem. Daniel77

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Been around AR since the single green thread Big Grin
Found it by searching for loads to my 375 H&H and been around since...
Think I´m member # twenish or fortiesh or something
( wasn´t there a list with "member numbers" on once at the time?)

Kind of addiction I guess, but boy are there tons of great info on this site!

Together with the pissing contests and big egos and the keyboard "bwanas" Wink

It got me to twice South Africa, no doubt about that, I would never thought it possible for a blue collar guy like me before I started reading the hunting reports here on AR.
And perhaps I might be able to go for buffalo once before I hit the ground... Wink

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1880 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brytstar
posted Hide Post
I have been visiting this site almost daily for several years. I seldom post because in most cases anything I posted would only be duplicating what had already been said. I have learned a lot from some of the more prolific posters. All in all it has been a very positive thing for me. I have to admit I even got a little hot under the collar this April 1st. Thought I was a lot smarter than to fall for it. Looking back that was very positive as it brought me back to earth.

Thanks Saeed.

In politics as in theology! "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, But the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Posts: 200 | Location: Western Maryland | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Saeed and you "AR Idiots" my hunting horizons were pleasently and profoundly expanded when I started reading and posting here. I was a very comfortable and low key reloader and North American hunter. You guys opened my eyes to Africa and African guns and those skilled in all aspects of "Africa". I started shooting the bigger stuff, loading for it and studying everything concerning the thumpers needed in Africa. A trip to the Selous sealed the deal, now I am bitten through and through. Thanks again Saeed for AR and you AR Idiots for making it interesting enough to inspire what was once a complacent shooter, reloader and hunter. Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roger ; How many AR members are there , how many post answers and questions ?. Now How many Flap on Political forum ( Yes I do ) . So now by mathematics we can actually see who's lying .

Funny My ass is blacker than yours . I have learned many things on this forum and hopefully have

passed on a few tid bits of info in the process . My favorites on the forum Reloading ,Gunsmithing

( Because I'm not one ) Medium an Small Calibers ( I'll leave the large bore for those older fellows

) hilbily Lefties Because I am one, or ambidextrous because some things aren't made correctly

clap . As for the most part seems like a DECENT LOT of fellows, who you could shoot hunt or have a

beer with and talk about all the above .
PROUD TO BE ON BOARD salute salute salute patriot patriot patriot

archer archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted Hide Post
Yup. And don't forget that we get to 'rub shoulders' with good folks like bartsche! beer

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote