New
Find
Notify
Tools

10MM Varmint Bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What is the most frangible bullet you have found for the 10mm between 130-160grs.? Thanks.

Posts: 403 | Location: Hurricane Central, FL | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
You've been in the sun too long...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Meaning?

Posts: 403 | Location: Hurricane Central, FL | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ralph Hyrlik
posted Hide Post
It is his way of saying, " HI! There's not a bit of difference between Sierra, Hornady, Speer, etc. for the purpose of shooting varmints with a 10mm pistol or carbine or rifle. The varmint will not be able to tell which bullet hit him."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just have not had a chance to to test the various bullets available to see which ones are the most fragile. I would prefer to use the lightest weights for higher velocity. I will be shooting mostly praire dogs with some coyotes thrown in. Shots are often distant and any expansion is appreciated.

One of Us
Picture of Ralph Hyrlik
posted Hide Post
Of all the hollowpoints out there, I like the Gold Dots. I just like them for aesthetic reasons.

My second pick would be the Winchester Silvertip, again for aesthetics.

If you shoot a coyote with a silvertip, then you can pretend that he was a warewolf or something Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When time permits I will perform tests using wetpack and then varmints. I was just hoping that someone else already found out. Accuracy is the 1st priority with rapid expansion next.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
heh.. too bad nosler doesn't make a "heavy hundgun bt bullet" for the 10mm...

talk about frangible
roflmao

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
best I found are nosler 135's

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been looking at them. Have you found them to open fast and shoot well? I was leaning toward the 155gr. Gold Dot but for no other reason than it looks like an opener with that big hole. I have not tried Nosler handgun bullets yet. No reason. I have been a diehard fan of the BT since it came out. Have tested many 1000s on varmints with complete satisfaction.