THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

416 Rigby Norma & Hornady Brass DIFFERENCE?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted
Has anybody reloaded with both and seen any difference. The price of the Norma stuff is twice what the Hornady goes for. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will have fewer failures with the Norma brass. Good brass, but not worth twice the price.

Posts: 152 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
I have quite a few of the Norma, but either already loaded or reloaded multiple times and I wanted to get some fresh ones. But before I did that, I want to make sure there are no big differences in thickness, etc., that might significantly affect performance. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
jorge

I have tried both and view them as being the same / having the same use (practice loads w/o crimping @ cannelure). I kept Federal brass for hunting rounds. Both Hornady and NORMA buckle easily at the shoulder when I try to crimp -- RCBS dies.

Barry

Posts: 4859 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote