THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Page 1 2 

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington's Reduce Load Offerings Disected.....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
MB.

Check with Nosler... I am sure they will tell you the same.....

The Ballistic Tip opens quite well at the lower velocity....in that velocity range actually better than the Partition and it will penetrate deeper also at the lower velocity than the partition...

Another bullet that I recommend is the Speer Mag Tip.. it also opens well at those lower speeds... and is excellent for accuracy....

of course Seafire totes a 260 Remington in a Ruger action while deer hunting....

cheers
seafire

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by POP:
Seafire:

On a diffrent note:

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2511043/m/308108663

what do you think? Possible?

Pop,

I looked over your request or desire....

If that be the case... as Roger Bartsche wisely suggested... we have worked down to about 4 grains of Blue Dot.. if you went lower... I'd recommend going in 1/10 grain increments lower than that.....

I'd also look at a light charge of Red Dot, or Green Dot, or SR 7625... I have played with it.. but haven't developed load data etc...

at 1200 fps, I thought that was low enough to be useful.... you have to weight out your applications and needs... to see if it is worth the Russian roulette of getting a bullet stuck in the barrel....

If you try it... good luck...

cheers
seafire

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote