New
Find
Notify
Tools

How bout this..
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
I know there's nothing new under the sun but how about this.. a 375 H@H case necked down to 9.3 OR a 338 RUM necked up to 9.3, how do you think they would go and would they be worth while?
Bakes

Posts: 7972 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
<Mats>
posted
Here in Scandinavia, where 9.3's are plentiful, it's popular... Don't know about the RUM, but the 9.3 H&H has been done a couple of times.

-- Mats

one of us
posted Hide Post
My choice for a wildcat would be the 338 necked up to 9.3 or a 458 necked down.....

However, its pretty hard to compete against the best of design the 9.3x64, that has no belt and works in a standard lenth action....

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Cobalt>
posted
I have a bunch of 64 brass with .458 Win headstamps. Just turn off the belt, turn down the rim to--damn, I can't remember--here at work with no case or caliper but I think .492, but don't hold me to that--full length size, trim for length and you are ready to go. Cobalt

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I thought they'd been done.

I have a M17 action lying around I might just make it a 9.3x64!
Bakes

Posts: 7972 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote