THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Why are Hornady's getting such a good reputation.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why are Hornady's getting such a good reputation.
 Login/Join

<Bill>
posted
grizz, I call them "ballistic shits"

------------------
www.rifleshooter.com

<Bowser>
posted
After 11 moose and 23 deer I had to run in and check. I'll be damned, there is more red boxes by a large majority than any other type, with 2 new boxes of SST's. Stamp my bottom RED.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I shoot a .375 H&H almost exclusively. Preferred bullets have always been Sierra Game Kings for NA use. Couple of years ago I bought up a bunch of discount priced Nosler Partitions and worked up a good load with those.

Recently, I have been trying new powders and wanted to build a good accurate varmint load and went to grab a couple of boxes of Sierra 250s. No dice-none to be had in town.

A good friend has been trying for years to get me converted to Hornady. Reluctantly I bought a couple of boxes of 270 gr. SP flat base and tried them out over RL15.

I am not a precision shooter and my best group was 7/8" with Sierra 250s over IMR4064. My third volley with the Hornady bullets was 71 gr. of RL15. Pulled a 3/4".... and drove the scope halfway through my skull on the last shot! Oh well, a good group overcomes blood in the eyes.

Have not put the Hornady bullets in game yet but I am most pleased with their accuracy.

It looks like there will be more red boxes on my bench in the future.

Regards,

~Holmes

Posts: 1171 | Location: Wyoming, USA | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Mike Dettorre>
posted
Good reputation...becuase they are very accurate and perform as advertised and they kill game cleanly when you choos the right bullet for the right size animal at any kinda of normal velocity.

I suspect the Hornady .308 150 grn will fail when fired at 3200 fps into ane elk's shoulder at 50 yds from a 30 cal magnum...but you have to ask why are you using that bullet from that caliber on that animal.

------------------
MED

The sole purpose of a rifle is to please its owner

one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Paul,

I don't know about starting a bullet company, but what about a company that could distribute bullets like Gerard's GS bullets in North America? Or the Norma Oryx?

But if you did want to start another bullet company, what kind of bullet would you like to sell?

jim dodd

------------------
"if you are to busy to
hunt, you are too busy."

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote