One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
BOOMThese are todays range results using Data Powder 74
  • Rifle .223 Savage 12vbss-s.
  • 26.3 grains DP74 in all loadings.
  • LC-74 cases.
  • CCI Mag primers.

• 55gr. FBHP. Berger. oal=2.350", 3183 to 3231 fps., 3 shot 1" group 300 yds., 4 shot 1 1/2" group 400yds. Clean
  • 52 gr. FBHP. Berger. oal=2.350", 3318fps. 5 shot 1 1/2" group 400 yds.
  • 50 gr. TNT speer, oal=2.335", 3234 fps., 3 shot 1" group400 yds. My buddy shot 3 shots out of his rifle for a .25" group at 100 yds.
  • 55gr. Varmint Nite Mare- Mid South, oal=2.320", 3300 fps.seems mild. 16 shot 2" group at 300 yds. and my buddy shot a 3 shot .7 group at 100 yds from his rifle.

After today's performance who could knock this surplus powder. Fun day and some of the best shooting I've ever done. I also think the Savage is really getting broken in. dancingroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..
  •  
    Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    Picture of doctorxring
    posted Hide Post
    Note only a good powder, but that is
    some good shooting !

Thanks for the report --

dxr

Happiness is a tight group

Posts: 1524 | Location: Don't Mess With Texas | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
    one of us
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by bartsche:
    ...some of the best shooting I've ever done. ...
    Hey Roger, Where do you have the Scope mounted on this one? Big Grin

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
    one of us
    posted Hide Post
    Outstanding shooting Roger!

It would have been nice if you would have left a few jugs for the rest of us. Wink

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    posted Hide Post
    There's only one bad thing about the 74........

It's gone..... Frowner

One of Us
    Picture of bartsche
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Soonerhawk:
    There's only one bad thing about the 74........

It's gone..... Frowner

I believe you are right and I only have about 7 pounds left.

I hope we get some good feed back on 85 before it is all gone. That may be the last of data and surplus powders. After that we will have to open our wallets a little wider. Frownerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote