New
Find
Notify
Tools

C.O.L.?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have loaded some 200gr.speer Hot cores in the 325wsm and instead of getting the col to 2.840 i seated the bullet to 2.790,can i just shoot the bullets out or do i need to pull and start over?How far too short is OK & how much does it jack the pressure up?My first time ever seating bullets to short like this.

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
It is my understanding that seating the bullets short will decrease pressure. There should be no problem shooting the cartridges. .05" is not that big a deal in the arena of bullet seating. Many have to seat bullets short in order to fit the magazine and Barnes bullets recommends seating .05" from the lands for a starting point and some shoot better seated shorter than that.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks thumb

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote