New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dillion Square Deal B
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
Okay - so I FINALLY got with the program and a friend loaned me his retired SDB - I bought a die set+change for it, in 45LC, and after a couple hours of being overly cautous, I loaded my first ammo with it.

Other than loosing more cases (by percent) than I ever had before, largely due to user error, i am here to tell you...

BUY A PROGRESSIVE if you shoot pistols

I will be also buying the hornady LnL AP, when they start becoming more available again .. to load rifle stuff.

anyway, i am finally in the 1980s on reloading presses

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39598 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
Jeffe

Finally getting with the program, eh! I don't have a Square Deal, but have 4 RL 550s set up. I keep one set up in 45 Colt--one for 45 acp--one set up with small primers, mostly for 223. Then I have one that I don't use as progressive, but use for all large rifles and keep the dies set up permanently in tool heads--so when I load 50-458-416 B&M-just slide in the die set, slide out. If it is the same case head--don't have to even change the shell plate! Makes things pretty easy and simple.

Michael

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Jeff,I've had an SDB for over 20 years.I've loaded over 250k rounds of various calibers on it and it has broken exactly TWICE.One call to Dillon and parts are on the way,great product and great customer service.
Howard

Posts: 57 | Location: Parker Texas | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote