New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any one have a T/C Encore rifle?
 Login/Join

<Al Smith>
posted
I've been considering purchasing a T/C Encore rifle and was wondering what kind of accuracy they are capable of? I've been thinking of getting a varmint caliber (.220 Swift or .22-250) and possibly the .50 cal muzzle loader barrel.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Al

[This message has been edited by Al Smith (edited 07-29-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Al Smith (edited 07-29-2001).]

<MFH>
posted
I have an Encore with the following barrels:
209/50, 15" .223, 16" 35whelen and 26" 300WM. All of the barrels I have (except maybe the 209/50) are capable of sub MOA accuracy. All but the 35whelen are stock factory barrels. It came from the T/C custom shop.

<Jay Smith>
posted
I had one with the 50/209 barrel and an '06 barrel. I was disappointed in the accuracy of both. In the '06 barrel, I suspect that some of it was due to the forearm touching the side of the barrel. Disappointing considering how well my Contender pistol shot.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the 209x50 barrel I had to cut off the qla to get it to shoot conicals. It would shoot the saboted rounds good before I cut it off and still shoots them well. With a lot of trial and error can get it to shoot very accurately. I also have a 20 ppc barrel from Virgin Valley and is very accurate.

Posts: 178 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an Encore in .22/6mm AI. The barrel is from Virgin Valley. I haven't done much developement yet, but my first try at a load was in 3in at 400yrds. I think it will do quite well.

------------------
"Those who would give up essential liberty,
to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve
neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 94 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 16 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I love mine. I currently have a .20ga vent rib shotgun barrel, the 209x50 muzzle loader (very nice), a .260 Rem, and I have a T/C Custom Shop 26" .270win being made as we speak. You don't have to tweak and Encore anymore than I have seen with a standard bolt gun. A trigger Job (wich T/C will do for free) is a worth while upgrade though.

------------------

Posts: 358 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: 14 August 2001Reply With Quote