THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Loads with Vectan or Accurate for 6,5x54 Manlicher

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loads with Vectan or Accurate for 6,5x54 Manlicher
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of M.Fox Jancik
posted
Hi, I was asked to reload some of 6,5x54 Manlicher and at the moment are the most common powders on our market are Accurate and Vectan, and customer wants Norma brass and Norma bullets (and prefer Vectan powder) for hunting purposes do you have any good suggestion?

Posts: 64 | Location: Zlin, Moravia, Czech Republic, Europe | Registered: 30 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tried Accurate 4350 - 40,0grs - with the Lapua Mega 155grs, it is not the absolute optimum, but works quite good. Better, if you can get them, are the finnish powders like N550!

Posts: 561 | Location: northern Germany | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In use in my carbine (1903 model)
Norma cases; Rem 9 1/2 primer; AA 4350 # 41 gr.; Hornady 129 gr. SP; O.A.L. 73,25 mm (Handloader Magazine, issue 171, pag. 12).-
Norma cases; CCI 200 primer; AA 4350 # 42 gr.; Remington 140 gr. SPSCL bullet; O.A.L. 74,80 mm.-
Regards.
Hector

Posts: 328 | Location: San Martin de los Andes, Argentina | Registered: 01 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I use 36.5 grs. Vectan TU 5000 with Hornady 160 gr. RN bullets in mine. I recommend starting at 34.0 grs., though, just in case. It is a lot easier on rifles to work up than to work down (grin).

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M.Fox Jancik
posted Hide Post
Hi, thanks to all. I hope it will work in this rifle.

Posts: 64 | Location: Zlin, Moravia, Czech Republic, Europe | Registered: 30 May 2002Reply With Quote