New
Find
Notify
Tools

Headstamps
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Recently I purchased a mixed lot of once fired .45 ACP brass for reloading. I'm not familiar with some of the headstamps. Can anyone help ID these? WRA, RP +P, Western, REM UMC and Peters. Also, two casings are marked Western 30 but measure the same dimensions as the .45 ACP. What are they?

------------------
"Don't let so much reality into your life that there's no room left for dreaming."

Posts: 263 | Location: SE Colorado | Registered: 24 May 2001Reply With Quote
<Multi Vis>
posted
WRA - Winchester repeating arms
RP+P - Remington Peters +P means loaded to a higher pressure.
Western - Western Cartridge Co.
Rem/Peters - Remington Peters
Have no idea about the western 30 sorry.
MV

one of us
posted Hide Post
Western - Western Cartridge Company, REM - Remington, UMC - Union Metallic Cartridge, R-P - Remington, Peters - Peters Cartridge Company, WRA - Winchester Repeating Arms?

Posts: 598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 16 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
REM-UMC is a Remington headstamp. I understand that many years ago there was an ammunition company called Union (or United?)Metallic Cartridge. Remington bought out that company. So now Remington sometimes uses the UMC headstamp and/or name on ammunition boxes.

Same with Peters -- it was once an independent company that was acquired by Remington. So Remington now sometimes uses the Peters headstamp. Sometimes it is R-P.

[This message has been edited by LE270 (edited 02-04-2002).]

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
<stans>
posted
Western 30 would have been manufactured in 1930.