New
Find
Notify
Tools

8mm/06 DATA/ Alliant R22
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can anyone help me out with some data using Alliant R22 with 200 gr. Noslers or Sierras in the 8/06 or 8/06 AI ?

Thanx

Hip

Posts: 1894 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TTT

Posts: 1894 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Usual disclaimers
What i did was start with moderate 3006 loads and worked up. I suspect others may have as well

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just trying a shortcut as I don't want to use up my supply of powder and primers as I don't know if I will ever be able to replace them! Thus my request for results using RL 22 !

Hip

One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
I don’t have any data but guessing rl 22 is too slow for great loads. A ball powder at the h414 speed level would be a better choice. So if you can find a pound of that or win 760 or Ramshot big game or others, you would be better served. If you have enough rl 22 to waste, a case full would be my guess. Loads for the 30-06 and 220 would be good guide points.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
sorry .. but, ffs, rel22 and heavy 30-06 bullets has ALWAYS been amazing. i used to have a special recipe for remington autoloader and big fat RNs for hog hunting -- and has always been accurate.

but, here it is, in print, p 115
https://www.alliantpowder.com/...8_Alliant_Powder.pdf

this isn't witchcraft, it's internal ballistics. work up from basic principals - but, heck, i've been doing this forever, and i have base principals that are more informed than some

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
Yep, in the 30-06. Nosler has some 06 data with its 220 partition. 57 grains was 100% case capacity. All isn’t has 58 grains compressed in the 06 case.
So my guess of a case full in the 8mm-06 seems to be a fair start?

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
THANX ! Guys----every little bit of info helps !

Hip

One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
https://reloading-data.speer-a...3_dia/8mm-06_200.pdf

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Reloader 22 is suboptimal (too slow). But you have to go with what you have.

FWIW. Load Data gives this as a MAXIMUM load for the 8mm-06 using RL-19. If someone has Quickload fired up, they might be able to provide more info.

200 Nosler Partition Alliant RL-19 59.0 2,658 (MAX)

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanx BLO,
I'll look at that further----I have a little RL19 to play with as well as some RL 17. Gonna try H and IMR 4831 also.

Hip