New
Find
Notify
Tools

6mm Rem and 85 gr TSX
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Who has experience with this combo? Do you have any suggestions for powder? I have only tried the Hornady ammo with the 95 gr SST bullet. The only other factory ammo is the Remington, so far as I have been able to find, anyway.

The rifle is an old model M-77 Ruger with the flat bolt.

Posts: 284 | Location: Orange, CA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow - nobody has used this combo? (32 views, though.) I guess the 6mm Remington is going away, soon.

one of us
posted Hide Post
My 6 mm Rem likes RL19 for all bullets in the 85 to 95 gr range. Hope that helps

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shoot 38gr varget in my 243 with 85TSX's, Id guess something in the range of I4350 or RL19 would be just about good. You could always use varget also, but you prolly wont get max velocity that way...

one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted Hide Post
My most accurate loads with the 85-87 gr bullets are with RL 19. I get about 3100 FPS with this combo

Posts: 1111 | Location: Edmond,OK | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I've got both RL-19 and IMR-4350, so I'll try them.

One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
I played with some 85 grain XLCs in my 6mm Rem, and I got some super impressive accuracy and velocity using the max recommended charges of IMR 4350....

I have too many calibers to hunt with, or not enough annual hunting opportunities.. however, in the field with the 6mm Rem, at TSX would be my first choice hands down...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miles58
posted Hide Post
One more for the Varget/TSX combination. I get a lot of velocity out of it in a Sako L579, but the best accuracy comes at 38 grains

Posts: 961 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My rifle likes IMR-4350 (243).
Use the 95 gr Partition mostly. I now have a box of 85gr TSX to experiment with and won't hesitate to use them if they shoot well.

Posts: 434 | Location: Wetcoast | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for RL19 with the 85gr TSX. The rifle is an OLD Rem600 too.

RH

Posts: 79 | Location: Northwest Atlanta | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote