THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Opinions on the Harrington and Richardson singles?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on the Harrington and Richardson singles?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted
Hey guys, I was wondering what you all thought about the H+R (NEF) single shot, break-open rifles?

I have the chance to get a Laminated 25-06 with a cheap scope on it for $200. The gun looks brand new and the guy said it was only shot a few times.

I could Replace that scope and have a pretty fine looking rifle. It has a 26" barrel and a nice recoil pad too.

I was going to see how accurate you all thought these rifles were and if you also think this is a pretty good buy?

Thanks,

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
They can be very accurate. They can also need a bit of work. Sounds like every other factory rifle, right?

What exactly is the "cheap scope" you mention?

If I had $200 to spare and felt that gut urge to buy it, I would. Sounds like a deal to me, at that price.

RSY

p.s. Why'd you post this in Reloading???

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very easily worth the price you're facing. 1st generation H&R's were often dismal in their accuracy, but after H&R / NEF re-opened (late 80's?), their quality (accuracy-wise) was much better.

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
"Why did you post this in Reloading?"

Well, since I reload all of the time to get the best performance out of my rifles, I figure I would ask the guys that have been working(or reloading) for these rifles. Just to get their opions on what this rifle is capable of.

Is that a good enough reason to post something in Reloading?

p.s.: That cheap scope is a Tasco Bighorn 3x9x32.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote