Find
Notify
Tools

Which Reloading Press??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just ordered Redding Big Boss from Midway

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
You have made a good choice - Taiwan is just a bit differnt to China!

I have a Redding Boss AND a Lee which I got 20 years ago with an Anniversary kit.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11254 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does the BB take much force when re-sizing?

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One thing that RCBS has not figured out is how to collect spent primers. The plastic snap on tray is not real good. I have been impressed with the Lee press in that regard, it deals with the trash pretty well.

Posts: 104 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 24 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NEJack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Haught:
If you step up to the progressive pistol press then Dillon is the only way to go.

No sir. I own several brands. This is voice of the under informed.

The lnl is the price of the 550 and all the features, and then some, of the 650.

Read the realguns review of both

Oh. I have both Dillion and Hornady progressives on my bench. Do you?
I have the LNL progressive press. Looked at a Dillion, but I am very glad I got the Hornady.

Posts: 727 | Location: Eastern Iowa (NUTS!) | Registered: 29 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I have an old school RCBS Rockchuker with the small opening and have reloaded 375 H&H with nary an issue.

NMIller is correct, RCBS and spent primer collection is apparently mutually exclusive. I resolve this by putting a square trach can under the press...its catches 95% and the other ones just seem to disappear...

One of Us
Picture of Oddbod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
You have made a good choice - Taiwan is just a bit differnt to China!

Really?

quote:
We also took time to further our commitment to being 100% American Made by replacing our previous caps with an American made product.

Redding

Posts: 610 | Location: Cumbria, UK | Registered: 09 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
For the round count you will be loading you can take your pick of "O" frame

I own two Lee press,s...the classic cast single and the load master

Both.....pound for pound for the $$$$$$ make me smile every week I pull a handle

In the past, I used an old Lymen C press, just like that. it does work but where the problem is if you do much heavy sizing, you can spring the thing. The best press's are the O frame type, they support the die all the way around. Price doesn't matter, get something like the RockChucker. Mine is close to 30yrs old and works great. I started with an RCBS Jr and no trouble for a lot of years.

Richard Lee pretty much proved you can load good ammunition with a hammer and set of dies to use with the hammer. I guess I lied, my first tool was one of those in 7mm mag!

Only think to keep in mind is make it an O frame, probably can't find other than the Lee C frame and get a steel press. All the press's, including the C frame, do is to push a fired case into a die to re-size it and then a charged case into another die to seat a bullet. Everything else you find is just candy!

Posts: 526 | Location: Antelope, Oregon | Registered: 06 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
I have an old school RCBS Rockchuker with the small opening and have reloaded 375 H&H with nary an issue.

I still use my RCBS Jr. press for everything from
375 H&H down to 222 Remington without nary an issue. Never felt the the need to have anything else either. I do use a Lee 3 hole turret press for pistol reloading. And that is only because a buddy gave me the press, dies and some primers and powders. Cool

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote