New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: WC852n Powder
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My use of WC852 so far has been pretty well limited to heavy cast boolits in the 30-30. I didn't try to discover what it was like, I just use it. 36 grains behind a Lyman cast 311291 at 183 grains gives me about 1900 fps out of a 20" microgroove barrel. Lot number is BAJ 47288. I think I bought it from Hi-Tech but I'm not sure. Here's a link you might wish to check out. http://www.castpics.net/RandD/load_data/load_data.htm

Regards, Woody

I forgot to mention that there's 2 different speeds of this stuff so be careful using data from others unless you have matching lot numbers.

Posts: 98 | Location: S.E. Oregon too close to PRK | Registered: 28 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Woody
Ok, thanks. Interesting about the different burning rates.. Just another good reason not to assume anything.
And thanks for the link.

Posts: 277 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 10 October 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I've been using 852 from pat's reloading, and they seem to be out... they compared it to h414/4350 (big range)... I was very conservative building loads, but I am tickled with it, once I found a decent starting ground.

I wouldn't go off alone on this stuff, as tehre are two burn rates, one like 414 and one like blc2.... HUGE difference

jeffe

Posts: 38649 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote