Notify
Tools

Talk me into Reloading
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZekeShikar:
I couldn't imaging a world in which I didn't reload. It would be a dark a dreary place.

Yes, factory ammo is fine, even good, but is it the best for your rifle? is it consistent lot to lot? Can you count on finding it in the same lot year after year? Nope.

Good enough has never been good enough for me!

With all that said, if you're looking for an easy way to quality ammo, Buy factory stuff.

I've seen more guys who reload and shouldn't that those who don't and should. Let that be your guide.

Zeke

Exactly. Even if factory ammo was as accurate as my handloads, I have no confidence it will be consistent year over year.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My reloading career started as previously stated with a hard to handle .308 chamber in a Browning BLR rifle. After that I saw the need for more equipment and the accumulation of components to handle the different rifle calibers that my bunch of shooters wanted to shoot from Deer to whatever walks the woods, tundra and jungle. Now with years of reloading I find I do it to get the best accuracy. If shooters will shoot enough and load enough and expirment enough with bullets and powders and brass they can achieve pin point accuracy. I strive for three bullet holes touching on Magnum and large rifle chamberings and five holes touching on the .223’s etc. Some may take months or years to achieve that but if the rifle will do it the reloader can get there when he shoots enough bullets to find the one that works. The barrel will tell the shooter what bullet it likes if the shooter is patient and shoots enough. When I or my bunch hit the woods we will have a load that will achieve that pin point accuracy from the bench under the best of conditions. We know in the field the conditions will not be perfect but the rifle and load will be and the shooter must adapt as best he can. I now have a lot of money invested in enough components and equipment that my bunch will not have to spend their dollars the rest of their lives and that is the way I want it. Good Shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't start, please!

Components are scarce enough already!!!! Wink

Posts: 42343 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Reloading really improves the ballistics of the 300 H&H to no end, it will tread on the heels of a 300 Wby as a matter of fact..

You have the means to work up loads, get better accuracy, and other advantages, but is it worth it Maybe, maybe not..I you don't shoot much I wouldn't bother, its cheaper to buy factory ammo..I have loaded enough ammo to last 10 lifetimes and it covers a wall in my shop, Im 83 and like to past Idaho winter reloading in my shop, there is no end to it, I wish some guy would come by the house and say I'll give you 50 cents a round for all your ammo, Id sell out and shoot factory! wave

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote