Find
Notify
Tools

Messiest Reloading Room In The World?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted
Since we have had photos on recently of some beautiful, well appointed, and well organized reloading rooms I thought it was time to have counter-balancing photos of my reloading room (aka the World's Messiest Reloading Room). Maybe if I had a room three times this size I could keep it better organized.........nah, never happen [Big Grin] . Hey, you should have seen it BEFORE I cleaned up a bit [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] .

Jim

-

-

-

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of my work(?) area.lol
Say in the corner, are those the them there boat paddle stocks I keep hearing about?

Posts: 46 | Location: Topeka, KS | Registered: 18 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanx mbogo375, I don't feel so bad anymore!

Posts: 594 | Location: MT. | Registered: 05 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim,

Is there a method to all that madness? [Big Grin]

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Geeeezzz... I thought mine was bad.

Posts: 83 | Location: Ut | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
flinter6,
Yep, you guessed it-the very latest boat paddle stocks for shooting fish in a barrel [Wink] .

packrat,
Glad to help [Big Grin] .

onefunzr2,
Yes there is. When I get to "organized" I can't find a thing [Razz] .

ktg,

See reply to packrat [Smile] .

Hey guys,it's hard to find space for over thirty years accumulation of "good reloading junk". I have over 100 sets of dies with related bullets and brass, most of which I still load for (when I get around to them [Wink] ). My first love is loading obscure, obsolete, and just plain weird calibers (both factory and wildcat), so I have more accumulated components than I have room to organize them. It's really fun to take an old rifle that hasn't had ammo available for 50 years and get it shooting again [Big Grin] [Big Grin] .

Jim

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
oh hell....
i can see i have a new target to surpass for bullets, brass, dies and presses....

Looking at his, it's like a have ONE lee unitized in 30/30...

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The frightening thing is, if this were most of our reloading rooms and we died in our sleep tonight, next Saturday our wives would hold a garage sale and sell everything you see in a big card board box to the first $5 to come along.

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Public Service Post. I feel much better now. [Razz]

Posts: 733 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim,
It looks like you have been sneaking into my reloading room to help pattern your own,,,,,,Is that a Lyman All-American Turret there ? I thought for sure I was unique in using one,not that many out there I bet. I am sure glad that you posted that set of pics,,,,,,and rest assured you are not alone. 45nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

I feel that I am among my own kind of people here [Wink] .

Pecos45,
You are painfully close to the truth, but my wife would probably throw it out in the trash rather than try to sell it [Big Grin] .

45nut,
You have a good eye. It is actually a Lyman Tru-Line Jr. turret press (.607" dies). You would probably find more in common if I posted pics of some of the "overflow" that has been pushed out of my reloading room to make room for newer (but not necessarily better) equipment.

Jim

[ 08-01-2003, 07:14: Message edited by: mbogo375 ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't feel that bad about my reloading stuff anymore. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
YEP THATS EVEN WORSE THAN MINE........

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pecos45:
The frightening thing is, if this were most of our reloading rooms and we died in our sleep tonight, next Saturday our wives would hold a garage sale and sell everything you see in a big card board box to the first $5 to come along.

A thought that haunts me. On my last birthday (56) showed my boys around my reloading room and shop impressing on them not to let their mom hold any garage sales for such things as $150 die sets or $200 carbide threading inserts.

Wally

Posts: 472 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hell, mines worse than that! If I can find the file a pic of it's in I'll share it here sometime. Or I'll just take another one, the mess doesn't change much over time! [Eek!]

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You know that someone sooner or later will ask this question so here it goes, when was the last time you reloaded? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 66 | Location: Troy Montana | Registered: 28 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brother, you've got a good wife. Look after her! [Big Grin]

Posts: 408 | Location: Johannesburg, RSA | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PECOS HALF THE REASON MY LOADING ROOM IS SUCH A MESS IS IT'S GOT A RUMAGE SALE WAITING TO HAPPEN IN IT. IT'S FULL OF HER 10 CENT APIECE SHIT. I CAN'T WAIT TILL SHE HAS A RUMAGE SALE TO SEE IF THAT SHIT GOES AWAY. IT'S TAKIN UP VALUABLE LOADING ROOM SPACE. [Mad]

one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
Since we are having a good time with this I will add a few more photos.

RMBoren,SR.,
This afternoon [Smile] .

-

-
 -

Just a peek into the next room [Wink]

-

one of us
posted Hide Post
That ain't messy.

I seen parts of the floor.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Believe it or not mbogo... I just saw one of your animals run across the room!!

An old Chinese saying applies here... If you like the food, dont look in the kitchen!

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of John Y Cannuck
posted Hide Post
I though I told you guys to stay out of my room!
[Big Grin]

Posts: 872 | Location: Lindsay Ontario Canada | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It is a sign of a highly organized and efficient mind, when you can work in a cluttered environment. As soon as I start to organize, I can't find anything!!

Posts: 4 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 08 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I feel much better now. I was (and still am) ashamed of my messy, piled up bench. But I see that things could be much worse.

one of us
posted Hide Post
They may be some messy rooms, but there is a lot of good stuff in them......and that is what is important!

May my reloading room aspire to have as much stuff in it as your's does!

Posts: 426 | Location: Alpine, WY | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote
<Bill T>
posted
The canoe paddles are a nice touch! [Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Trapdoor, I hope I can get enough stuff to need that much space, and that I can get that much space! Right now the shop and reloading stuff is condensed to 10x10, with my safe in the guest room (It's so heavy she didn't want to make me move it :-) You have been blessed with an abundance of space and the great things to fill it with.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fritz Kraut
posted Hide Post
It�s not a mess - it�s just a lot of nice and interesting stuff. I muss confess some envy: I have my reloading stuff in a box, and do my reloading at the kitchen table in my flat.

Fritz

Posts: 846 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
OK guys, let's see some photos of your messy reloading rooms. Remember, the first step to cleaning up a messy reloading room is admitting that you have a problem (unlike me of course [Big Grin] [Razz] ).

Jim

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grizz:
Hell, mines worse than that! If I can find the file a pic of it's in I'll share it here sometime. Or I'll just take another one, the mess doesn't change much over time! [Eek!]

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN' [Eek!]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My only comment is this. If you can afford a mess like that, well if you got it ...flaunt it. Those paddles are for grabbing stuff off shelves like a pizza scoup aren't they? If you ever load enough to bore a hole in your supplies you could stuff a computer in there to inventory you stock. No, that would be a waste of good space. I noticed you use all factory bullets. No lube-sizer going on there that I see. You need to add on and put in a casting area! with proper ventilation of course. A few hundred pounds of lead and you can be really complete. Best of luck, JB

Posts: 104 | Location: Roanoke, VA , USA | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 36 calibers worth of bullets and brass stored on the floor, the dies and powder are on a shelf.  -

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mbogo - Clark: I have to admit you guys are both messy...but at least you have your priorities in order!
[Eek!]

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
JBMauser,

You are very observant. Actually I have an old Lyman, and an equally old Saeco lube-sizer, as well as a Lyman furnace. I haven't done any casting in several years, so most of my casting supplies got relegated to my shop (which is surprisingly well organized [Smile] ).

I am waiting for a Walnut Hill swaging press at the present time, and even though my main purpose for this is to allow swaging and sizing of jacketed bullets that require a stronger press than my old Rock Chucker (I have been using ring sizers and swaging dies in the Rock Chucker for years), I may try swaged lead bullets for low velocity calibers and paper-patched bullets. The paper patching could be very effective in some of the old black powwder doubles that don't regulate well with jacketed bullets.

Jim

<Zeke>
posted
I must bow to you mbogo375. I thought my reloading room was uniquely organized. You have set new standards for reloading room excellence. This is the type of greatness we should all aspire to.

ZM

one of us
posted Hide Post
Man what a good post this turned out to be, fun, [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
mbogo375, Man how many years have you been collecting this stuff? Surely you don't have guns for all of that. Man it's all I can do just to keep bullets on the shelf. You should open up, you can be your own store, [Wink] . Maybe some day I can have that much stuff too.

one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
I think you should lighten the load a little by selling me a bunch of that stuff really, really cheap. I mean almost free kind of cheap. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
boilerrooom...
Everybody wants a screamin' deal. The question is: who is it doing the screaming?

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pics. I don't feel so bad now. One of my daughters came to town visiting and spent a week helping mom and dad get rid of some of our decades of accumulation. She said that if she came across something that had dust or cobwebs on it, it was getting pitched, since we obviously don't use it. I never thought about that until she found my reloading room when I was out of town. DISASTER! Yeah, my reloading room was a mess, but I knew right where everything was. Now I don't know where ANYTHING is. SHE BOXED UP ALL THOSE LOOSE ITEMS FOR ME! Now, only God knows which box some of those small items are in. Dust? Cobwebs? What if I hadn't loaded a particular cartridge in a while? Surely she didn't PITCH anything from the sty. Unfortunately, I probably won't know the answer to that one for some time to come. All I know, is that when I find everthing I need to load one cartridge, the bench is so clean I don't know how to act.

Posts: 529 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote