Find
Notify
Tools

Messiest Reloading Room In The World?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
This is aggravating. How do you get those leaning boxes of ammo and stacks of books to stay put? Every time I try that the shit ends up all over the floor. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 10174 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna be sick! [Embarrassed]

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
mbogo375 when is your wife having that garage sale?! I'll be there! [Big Grin]

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well here's my mess! [Roll Eyes]

-

This is where most of my work on rifle, shotshell and cast bullets gets done. Now this is in a 10 X 12 bedroom in a 14 X 55 foot mobile home.

-

This is one corner of the main loading room.

-

This is the other corner, the top of a built in dresser. I had this on the end of the main bench, it was REALLY messed up then!

-

This is in my main bedroom, where I store most of my powder,(to keep only the powder being used on the bench). The rest is in here so I can't grab the wrong powder,(it happened once, but I caught it in time).

This is a case of the proverbial 10 lbs. of chit in a 5 pound bag! [Big Grin] So maybe considering that, I ain't doin so bad?!?!?? After 35 years of loading, you DO accumulate some junk. Thats on the floor and in the closets!

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
grizz,

There is much too much space around your components to put you in the running for messiest reloading room, but I have to admit that the first photo does show promise for future development [Big Grin] .

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hold on there, Jim. Check out the second pic. On the top shelf is a trophy. Perhaps he won a regional "messiest reloading room" competition. [Big Grin]

Points off for the all-too-clean and frilly window curtain. A seasoned competitor would have at least wiped his case-lube encrusted hands on them once or twice. A real blunder in international competition!! The cardboard curtain is a nice touch, though.

[ 08-04-2003, 15:45: Message edited by: onefunzr2 ]

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Darn, another also ran! Oh well, just gotta try harder.

Jim, your room has ORDER to it, mine is where something landed when I was done with it, ususally to be buried and lost. [Wink]

I got mad the other day and gathered up all the printed data sheets and stuck them on a clipboard! That alone takes me out of the running for messiest reloading room.

Dave, good observations, the curtain was here when I bought the place, it survives because I use paper towels to wipe hands on, another disqualifier! [Mad] The cardboard I put up to block the daylight so the exposure meter wouldn't read from the window and under-expose the bench,(like it did for the first 2 trys)! Your post and a cup o' joe brought a good belly laugh and made my day, thanks.

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mbogo375,et al:

While I admit that Mbogo is giving me a serious run for the money, I think I've got him beat, particularly when you factor in that I built a new reloading room just over a year ago, so that I would have enough room for all the junk, I mean reloading treasures and components that anyone could ever use. Unfortunately, I have neither a digital camera, nor the knowledge of how to post a pic, but I can assure all and sundry that it is at best a dead heat. [Razz]

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I just drug my wife in here to look at those photos. NOW, just maybe she'll cut me some slack.
BumShot

Posts: 6 | Location: Western US | Registered: 05 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Mc
posted Hide Post
bumshot, that's a great idea. We just show these pictures to our wives and tell them to be grateful. [Razz]

Thanks for the pictures mbogo375.

[ 08-06-2003, 03:15: Message edited by: Bill Mc ]

Posts: 1450 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: 16 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
Bill Mc,

I notice you are from Georgia as well, so maybe you would like to be the first customer for my new business. I am going to start selling couples tours of my reloading room for reloaders who want to show their spouses that their reloading rooms aren't so bad after all!!! The price of admission will be a reloading tool or accessory that I don't already have [Wink] [Big Grin] . Group discounts can be arranged for three or more couples (say for a Dillon 650 or so [Smile] ).

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bumshot:
Thanks, I just drug my wife in here to look at those photos. NOW, just maybe she'll cut me some slack.
BumShot

LMAO!! [Big Grin]

That gave me an idea, how about some of you guys posting some pics of your hordes of rifles so I can show them to my wife. I have one cabinet full and she thinks thats a lot.. [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

Posts: 10174 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
OOOH, you guys are messy! [Eek!] This is hilarious! [Big Grin]
My bench looks like this, and I still loose stuff! [Roll Eyes]
 -

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote