THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    What is your most accurate 223 powder with 50-55 gr. bullets
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your most accurate 223 powder with 50-55 gr. bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbok:
quote:
Originally posted by HP Shooter:
No idea. I have no use for bullets that light in 223 Remington.

HP SHOOTER, I am not interested in what you don't know, tell me what you do? What heavy loads work well for you in your 223. I have an LTR with a 1 in 8 twist and it shoots the heavy bullets a little better. Thanks jb

24.7 grains of Reloader 15 in a match-prepared Lake City case, with Remington 7 1/2 Benchrest primers, topped with either a Hornady 75 HPBT or 75 AMAX.

They hammer out of my Rock River National Match AR15.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LE270:
quote:
Originally posted by Taupo Hunter:

ADI 2206

I assume this is one of the powders Hodgdon imports into the US and repackages under one of their designations. If so, does anyone here know what Hodgdon calls it?

BLC(2) Here

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
24.5gr 3031 55gr hp.

rich

Posts: 6490 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
26.5 gr. of BLC-(2) WW brass, Fed GM205M primers, 50 gr. V-max or Hornady SPSX.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p67:
quote:
Originally posted by LE270:
quote:
Originally posted by Taupo Hunter:

ADI 2206

I assume this is one of the powders Hodgdon imports into the US and repackages under one of their designations. If so, does anyone here know what Hodgdon calls it?

BLC(2) Here

NOT SO. ya all getting a bit slack while I've been away.
The LINK given showes approximate BURN rates ONLY.
Last I heard ADI 2206 is not exported to USA.
ADI 2206H is and is called H4895. 2206 is a little faster than 2206H/ H4895. (I think) Smiler

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Minus the VV powders mentioned and a few of the Western Powders mentioned... I have tried ALL the above powders and use them all the time..

I have said it a million times..

I think it is much harder to find a powder that a 223 WON'T shoot accurately.. than it is to find a powder that it will...

Only one of mine ( a Ruger VT,) shows any kind of pickiness about powders....

It does seem to prefer IMR 4198, RL 7, RL 10, W 748 and BLC2....

The rest of them are pretty much minute of gopher out to 300 yds or better... they provide much greater accuracy than the shooter is capable of taking advantage of...

cheers
seafire
cheers

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had good luck with W748 and IMR 4198.
Pete

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live."

Posts: 403 | Location: Emeryville, CA | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wcc846 in rem 788 rechamberd from 222 to 223 one ragged hole at 100yds.

"An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a slave", Ceasar

Posts: 211 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jbok: I am presently loading for 8 (eight) guns in 223 Remington caliber. I have probably loaded for another 15 or 20 in the past!
I highly recommend (as have some others) H 335 powder!
Be sure and try H 4895 and AA 2015 in your load testing as well.
Best of luck to ya!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote