Notify
Tools

Federal .308 load components
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 6XCVE
posted
Hi,
Has anyone out there any Load information about Federal factory loads.
The ones I am interested in are the 150gr Nosler ballistic tip (P308F) and the 168gr Sierra Match King (GM308M).
What Primer, type of Powder and how many grains are in each of these loads.

Thanks
Neil.

Posts: 42 | Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey neil,
factory powders are often blends,or special powders made to their spec''s and closely guarded. how ever their primer choice would be their own brand probaly federal gold match=FG210M....FOR YOUR 150''S I'D CHOOSE VIT A VOY...N-135 ...OR ..VIT A VOY... N 140..
VARGET made in your country and marketed as 2200 something would be stellar also!
for that 168 reloader-15 is great as is Varget again and BL-C(2).....hope this helped....regards

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 6XCVE
posted Hide Post
Thanks jjmp
I will put the suggested load info into my reloading book.

Neil.

If a sportsman true you'd be
Listen careefully to me........., Never, never let your gun Pointed be at anyone, That it may unloaded be Matters not the least to me. When a hedge of fence you cross Though of time it cause a loss From your gun the cartridge take For the greater safety sake. If between you and a neighbour's gun Bird shall fly or beast may run Let this rule be thine "Follow not accross the line." Stops and beaters often unseen Lurk behind some Leafy screen. Calm and steady always be "Never shoot where you can't see."
You may kill or you may miss
But at all times think of this:
"All the game ever bred Won't repay one man dead."

Posts: 42 | Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote